Used 2011 Toyota Venza Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Venza Problem aread
By johnboy47

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

There are three problem that we are experiencing with our 2011 Venza. First, and most important, is the fact that small animals are getting under the hood and into the interior of the car (clove compartment mainly). This is due to a design flaw that exposes openings on each side of the vehicle where water drains off the windshield that are not screened to prevent this from happening. Second, the gas mileage is poor. We have the base 4 cylinder engine and there is no way this vehicle is getting the posted mileage-absolutely no way. Thirdly, there are serious problems with being able to see in the rear of the vehicle, making backing up in traffic a real challenge.

Favorite Features

The interior instruments are well arranged and easy to see. The overall styling of the vehicle is great. The vehicle rides well and looks good.

Suggested Improvements

The design should be reconfigured to provide screen protection to prevent small animals from being able to enter the vehicle. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM Toyota should check the mileage they post on these vehicle. Our Venza certainly does not come up to these figures. This vehicle should be equipped with a backup camera as standard equipment, as it is very difficult to see when backing up.

Glad I'm leasing this, I'll be giving it back!
By susancab

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Maybe I should've got the 6 cyl but there is a lot not to like about the 4 cyl. I've had mine for 10K mi and the handling is very poor, the car drifts and seems like it's constantly out of alignment, even right after they align and balance it. I took it in twice so far and it seems fine for maybe 2 weeks then it starts drifting again. Hate it. The power is too weak and the engine sounds like a cheap engine with a course sound. Very loud compared to my Odyssey. Gas mileage is poor, even on the 4 cyl. There is a lot of room for improvement on this car. Meanwhile, I'll be renting other cars for lengthy test drives before buying my next car. :(

Favorite Features

Roomy trunk space and back seats lay down nicely for more space. Roomy and comfy seats. The ipod holder is nice but they need to angle it towards the driver so the screen is more visible, esp when using it for GPS. I like the truck cover that retracts but if I need to remove it entirely from the car, I find that it is heavy to lift, esp when leaning forward to reach it as it hurts my lower back to do that.

Suggested Improvements

TOO many to list!

Huge Improvement Over my Volvo XC90
By gigharborrltr

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had the Venza for 6 months, 8500 miles, but that's been plenty of time to conclude that this is a HUGE step up from my Volvo XC90. For the price of a used luxury SUV, I got a new Venza and LOVE it. The back seat room is much bigger than all 3 of my prior SUV's. I can carry 5 adults very comfortably. This is the first car I've owned where I don't have the driver's seat all the way back...great leg room. You sacrifice back cargo room to get the leg room, but I'm fine with that. I get 24MPG and 95% of that is driving around town. Interior, even on the base, is very nice (I had the dealership add leather after for $1100). I would get the AWD next time, but other than that, LOVE it!

Favorite Features

Back up camera, front and rear leg room, quality feeling interior, easy to use blue tooth, great visibility, perfect size (width, height). Surprising power from 4cyl. Cell phone holder in dash.

Suggested Improvements

Cell phone holder would be nice if charger fit a Motorola side charge better.

MY VENZA 2011
By flakers30

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

MY venza is great so far, I love the intnerior. The leather seems to be an upgrade from my camtry XLE loaded, except for no nav. This vehicle is just about as high up as a truck on the inside, pluus the power steering feels better than the carmy. I love the wood grain interior and My gas mileage so far HAS BEEN averaging 24 MPG with a mix of city and highway. Highway gas goes between30-40 MPG when on cruiise control at m65-70 MPH. I needed room in the back for my work stuff, and there is plenty of space and the cover for there is a god ideA. there is a good idea to put the tint inside the glass & I can see out through the tint at night, no more opening windows so I could see,

Favorite Features

gas mileage, quality of leather with areas of wood accents. Height of vehicke, turning radius,back up camera (when not wet from cars splashing on the lense) cool rima not too flashy, lumbar support is on passanger side also. Very easy to fold down rear seats, 2 locations.

Suggested Improvements

put A/C controls back on steering wheel. Have trouble locating the A/CV status, keep looking to find readout of temp and fan status.

Disappointed with ride/handling
By i50fwe

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have less than 500 miles on new 2011 Venza and I'm ready to sell it. Very unhappy with the handling. At highway speed it requires constant attention to keep it straight. It just seems to wander out of the lane. It doesn't ride as smooth as I expected either. After first 2 hr trip I thought tires might be over inflated. I checked but all were set at 32 psi. After second 2 hr trip I have same complaint. Must be the electronic steering. This weekend I took my 2007 Honda Accord on same normal trip and remembered how great it handles. It required very little attention to keep in straight. I bought this car to be my primary road trip car because it has larger interior than Hond

Favorite Features

Like the exterior styling. Interior space is good. Good space for driver. Rear seats are very spacious. It has rear seat air vents. Good storage with rear seats down. They drop pretty flat for large items. Like the height of seat off the ground. Honda is too low now for old guy like me.

Suggested Improvements

Handling at high speed is bad as discussed above. Automatic speed control is really bad. Up/down shifting too much in hills. 07 Honda Accord is 1000% smoother. Sun visor doesn't extend to protect from sun on the side window. Upper back support for driver is not good. Dislike the 3 spoke T style of steering wheel. Four spoke on Honda is much easier to drive with on highway.