Used 2011 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

lots and lots of problems
By georgejacobs

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've purchased our 2011 Venza new and have had it now for three years and 35k miles. We have had continual problems with the alarm going off for no reason. It's been in the shop three times but Toyota can't fix it. They did manage to silence the horn on the alarm but the lights still flash. On and off the steering makes a whining or creaking sound. Recently the sun visor on the driver's side broke--it wouldn't stay up or down, just mid-way where it obstructed the front view. The mileage is not quite what Toyota claimed--we get about 22-24 on the highway. For a vehicle that had a sticker price of $40k, it's definitely a disappointment.

Favorite Features

The sound system and heated seats work well. So far.

Suggested Improvements

Fix alarm so it doesn't go off randomly. Fix steering creaking. Make sun visors so they don't break. Put lines in rear view camera so you have a reference of where the car is.

Love it and almost 100k miles!
By fasteddie11

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 Venza V6 2wd with approximately 20k miles on it in the summer of 2010. It is now August 2013 and I have a little over 98k on the odometer. I love this car! I have had no problems and no issues at all. I am a car freak and typically trade every year. I traded a 2009 Lincoln MKX for this Toyota. I realized that trading so often was simply costing too much so I wanted a car that I could keep for at least 150k miles and looks good...I made the right choice. It has plenty of power and I am averaging approx 20 MPG between city and hwy. I did have a cosmetic issue with a wheel. If you scrape a curb, the wheel paint can start to peel off in large chunks. Besides that, very happy.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, looks

Suggested Improvements

Better wheel paint.

Venza Problem aread
By johnboy47

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

There are three problem that we are experiencing with our 2011 Venza. First, and most important, is the fact that small animals are getting under the hood and into the interior of the car (clove compartment mainly). This is due to a design flaw that exposes openings on each side of the vehicle where water drains off the windshield that are not screened to prevent this from happening. Second, the gas mileage is poor. We have the base 4 cylinder engine and there is no way this vehicle is getting the posted mileage-absolutely no way. Thirdly, there are serious problems with being able to see in the rear of the vehicle, making backing up in traffic a real challenge.

Favorite Features

The interior instruments are well arranged and easy to see. The overall styling of the vehicle is great. The vehicle rides well and looks good.

Suggested Improvements

The design should be reconfigured to provide screen protection to prevent small animals from being able to enter the vehicle. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM Toyota should check the mileage they post on these vehicle. Our Venza certainly does not come up to these figures. This vehicle should be equipped with a backup camera as standard equipment, as it is very difficult to see when backing up.

38000 mile review
By veevolt

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My comments seem to unfortunately mirror other who have posted a review for this model. I to have had several rattles pop up, humming from the rear at highway speeds, navigation unit failure, leaking water pump, leaking sunroof, abs sensors replaced, and two battery replacements so far. This is my first Toyota and quite sure It'll be my last.

Favorite Features

Very attractive exterior, good power from the optional v6, stable in winter conditions.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, Car noise, fuel economy, Toyota service department.

2011 Venza- not what I expected!
By mnharris

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's been a rather dissapointing 24 months with my Venza AWD. It's been in no less than 11 times for repairs, rattles in the dash/console, interior lights have quit working twice now along with all the dash backlighting, the automatic transmission sometimes has a very long delay before upshifting, Toyota has reflashed twice now and it works great for a few months then the problem returns....they now blame it on my driving style!?!? Im also very unhappy with the fuel economy, its downright V8 like at 15mpg average with a 50/50 mix of in town and interstate driving. Not sure I'll be keeping this one much longer.

Favorite Features

Attractive styling- Nice handling- Power

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality-higher quality seat materials- Fuel economy- smoother ride