Used 2011 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Most Helpful|
Vehicle has been a dissapointment so far
By matheson1977

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had several issues with this vehicle in the last year and half. A total of 14 seperate dealership visits with problems in areas such as- Battery, rattles and build quality issues, transmissiom, heated seats, stability control, and remote keyless system. Toyota service is awesome some days, and terrible the next. I'm not the only Venza owner with a problem car as i've met several more just at my dealership. What happened Toyota? MY 00' 4 runner feels better built at 200,000+ miles.

Favorite Features

Stylish, smooth and able powertrain (when the trans is shifting not slipping) surefooted feel. Great in the snow with winter tires.

Suggested Improvements

Rattles from seats and dash. Poor quality leather. Thirsty Thirsty Thirsty!! Fuel economy is awful. Please Toyota, bring back the Quality! This is too expensive of a vehicle to feel so run down after just 1.5 years.

Do not buy one!!
By alititude2087

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Seems to be quite a few unhappy Venza owners writing reviews here, here is mine. Our car has 26,000 miles and also has the "common" transmission issues such as slow shifting, and a vibration while changing gears. Toyota calls all this behaviour normal. Our's has several rattles coming from the seats and dashboard, toyota has made two attempts to fix these only to have them return a shot time later. Our battery has gone dead for no reason THREE times. Just recently the A/C quit, and the ride feels much more bouncy than normal. Top this all off with a poor average of 17mpg mostly highway fuel economy- Terrible!!I hope I can get a good trade in value for this lemon!

Favorite Features

Classy styling. Interior LOOKS nine when brand new.

Suggested Improvements

Complete redesign! Not even a little bit pleased with the venza. Dont buy one thinking because its a toyota its a good vehicle, these have been on the market for 3+ years, more than enough time to work the bugs out.

Glad I'm leasing this, I'll be giving it back!
By susancab

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Maybe I should've got the 6 cyl but there is a lot not to like about the 4 cyl. I've had mine for 10K mi and the handling is very poor, the car drifts and seems like it's constantly out of alignment, even right after they align and balance it. I took it in twice so far and it seems fine for maybe 2 weeks then it starts drifting again. Hate it. The power is too weak and the engine sounds like a cheap engine with a course sound. Very loud compared to my Odyssey. Gas mileage is poor, even on the 4 cyl. There is a lot of room for improvement on this car. Meanwhile, I'll be renting other cars for lengthy test drives before buying my next car. :(

Favorite Features

Roomy trunk space and back seats lay down nicely for more space. Roomy and comfy seats. The ipod holder is nice but they need to angle it towards the driver so the screen is more visible, esp when using it for GPS. I like the truck cover that retracts but if I need to remove it entirely from the car, I find that it is heavy to lift, esp when leaning forward to reach it as it hurts my lower back to do that.

Suggested Improvements

TOO many to list!

Very unhappy Venza owner :(
By johanessenq

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of our brand new Venza Sept 2010. We now have 56,000 miles on this vehicle. The vehicle has required a multitude of repairs both major and minor, it rides poorly, gets lousy fuel mileage, and as generally not a vehicle of very high quality. Had to have the transmission replaced this past winter because it was slipping, I could go on and on describing visits to the dealer for all kinds of electrical issues such as check engine lights, vsc codes, nav/radio unit malfunctions, and sunroof troubles. The ride is very bouncy and not noticeable during the first leg of ownership. We average just 16.5 mpg mostly highway driving, we have a 2010 Full size GM yukon V8 that gets 19mpg!

Favorite Features

Finished in White Diamond paint this is a very attractive vehicle. Interior has lots of features and looks great. Good smooth power from the V6.

Suggested Improvements

It feels 8 years old already. Lots of rattles, just not happy with this vehicle at all. one more year of payments and it gone, i cant imagine fixing this thing out of warranty.

38000 mile review
By veevolt

2011 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My comments seem to unfortunately mirror other who have posted a review for this model. I to have had several rattles pop up, humming from the rear at highway speeds, navigation unit failure, leaking water pump, leaking sunroof, abs sensors replaced, and two battery replacements so far. This is my first Toyota and quite sure It'll be my last.

Favorite Features

Very attractive exterior, good power from the optional v6, stable in winter conditions.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality, Car noise, fuel economy, Toyota service department.