2011 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Venza Problem aread
By johnboy47 on 07/15/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

There are three problem that we are experiencing with our 2011 Venza. First, and most important, is the fact that small animals are getting under the hood and into the interior of the car (clove compartment mainly). This is due to a design flaw that exposes openings on each side of the vehicle where water drains off the windshield that are not screened to prevent this from happening. Second, the gas mileage is poor. We have the base 4 cylinder engine and there is no way this vehicle is getting the posted mileage-absolutely no way. Thirdly, there are serious problems with being able to see in the rear of the vehicle, making backing up in traffic a real challenge.

Glad I'm leasing this, I'll be giving it back!
By susancab on 05/31/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Maybe I should've got the 6 cyl but there is a lot not to like about the 4 cyl. I've had mine for 10K mi and the handling is very poor, the car drifts and seems like it's constantly out of alignment, even right after they align and balance it. I took it in twice so far and it seems fine for maybe 2 weeks then it starts drifting again. Hate it. The power is too weak and the engine sounds like a cheap engine with a course sound. Very loud compared to my Odyssey. Gas mileage is poor, even on the 4 cyl. There is a lot of room for improvement on this car. Meanwhile, I'll be renting other cars for lengthy test drives before buying my next car. :(

Huge Improvement Over my Volvo XC90
By gigharborrltr on 03/22/12 12:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had the Venza for 6 months, 8500 miles, but that's been plenty of time to conclude that this is a HUGE step up from my Volvo XC90. For the price of a used luxury SUV, I got a new Venza and LOVE it. The back seat room is much bigger than all 3 of my prior SUV's. I can carry 5 adults very comfortably. This is the first car I've owned where I don't have the driver's seat all the way back...great leg room. You sacrifice back cargo room to get the leg room, but I'm fine with that. I get 24MPG and 95% of that is driving around town. Interior, even on the base, is very nice (I had the dealership add leather after for $1100). I would get the AWD next time, but other than that, LOVE it!

MY VENZA 2011
By flakers30 on 10/27/11 07:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

MY venza is great so far, I love the intnerior. The leather seems to be an upgrade from my camtry XLE loaded, except for no nav. This vehicle is just about as high up as a truck on the inside, pluus the power steering feels better than the carmy. I love the wood grain interior and My gas mileage so far HAS BEEN averaging 24 MPG with a mix of city and highway. Highway gas goes between30-40 MPG when on cruiise control at m65-70 MPH. I needed room in the back for my work stuff, and there is plenty of space and the cover for there is a god ideA. there is a good idea to put the tint inside the glass & I can see out through the tint at night, no more opening windows so I could see,

Disappointed with ride/handling
By i50fwe on 10/16/11 19:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have less than 500 miles on new 2011 Venza and I'm ready to sell it. Very unhappy with the handling. At highway speed it requires constant attention to keep it straight. It just seems to wander out of the lane. It doesn't ride as smooth as I expected either. After first 2 hr trip I thought tires might be over inflated. I checked but all were set at 32 psi. After second 2 hr trip I have same complaint. Must be the electronic steering. This weekend I took my 2007 Honda Accord on same normal trip and remembered how great it handles. It required very little attention to keep in straight. I bought this car to be my primary road trip car because it has larger interior than Hond

For the young too... =)
By aughasangel on 09/16/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I am a mother, of two very active children. So i have a sporting good store in the back of my car most of the time. I was a previous owner of a durango and was looking for a car with the room of an Suv and gad mileage and feel of a car.I must say this is everything i could as for and MORE. The back seat is so big it will grow with my children into and well beyond their teen years. The seats are comfortable, the ride is smooth and the panoramic roof has been a big hit with my family. I get the drive and "zippiness" of a car (just like i wanted) and the room of a full size suv .I dont know why all the commercial are geared to the older crowed.I LOVE THIS CAR very sleek

2011 Venza
By jim829 on 08/05/11 13:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We love the car! It has absolutely been a great car so far. Sun Toyota was an amazing dealership to go to and we will continue to buy our cars from here.

some easy fixes to increase sales
By dfreshdee on 12/09/10 13:35 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I was disappointed that Toyota did not make some easy changes to improve this car. I know it just came out less then 2 years ago, but the number of people who have complained about the tire size/cost/fast wear is very high. Neither walmart nor costco even carry a tire this size, and the local shops want $1,250 to replace all 4 tires - all of which wear out very quickly. yuck.

2011 Toyota Venza " What will be offerin
By stacey wilford on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

- No mirror integrated turn signals - No blind spot information system - No mirror with ground lighting - No Interior cabin light delay - No HD Radio 4 Cylinder drive good around the city ,feels compose and stable , intrusive road noise noticeable on back seat, a lot of compartments, love power tailgate, I wish they would offer simulated wood trim on 4 cyl package. Good Voice-activated navigation system.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$132 per month*