2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: Venza: The Un-SUV

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Venza: The Un-SUV
By Jon on

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Venza because after about 15 years of driving sports coupes and sports sedans, I wanted something different, something with more room for those occasional trips to Home Depot. The Venza is replacing a Lexus IS 350. The Venza is quick, not fast, but quick. Because of a lower center of gravity than the typical SUV, it handles mostly like a sedan. The 20" wheels (standard with the V6) probably help with that. I like the Venza's aggressive styling and it's room cargo space. Overall great car.

My iPhone 3GS pairs to the 2010 Venza for both the phone and for audio. That's a very nice feature. Unless I were taking a longer trip and wanted to charge the iPhone via the USB port, I can listen to music without taking the phone out of my pocket. The USB connector gives onscreen iPod menus.

Number one request: sport seats. The Venza's seats are comfortable, but I'm used to the side support of sport seats. The interior is nice and Lexus-like, but not as upscale as I would like at this price ($37K sticker). It wouldn't hurt Toyota to use a better grade of leather, vinyl and wood.