Venza: The Un-SUV
By Jon on
2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought the Venza because after about 15 years of driving sports coupes and sports sedans, I wanted something different, something with more room for those occasional trips to Home Depot. The Venza is replacing a Lexus IS 350. The Venza is quick, not fast, but quick. Because of a lower center of gravity than the typical SUV, it handles mostly like a sedan. The 20" wheels (standard with the V6) probably help with that. I like the Venza's aggressive styling and it's room cargo space. Overall great car.
Favorite Features
My iPhone 3GS pairs to the 2010 Venza for both the phone and for audio. That's a very nice feature. Unless I were taking a longer trip and wanted to charge the iPhone via the USB port, I can listen to music without taking the phone out of my pocket. The USB connector gives onscreen iPod menus.
Suggested Improvements
Number one request: sport seats. The Venza's seats are comfortable, but I'm used to the side support of sport seats. The interior is nice and Lexus-like, but not as upscale as I would like at this price ($37K sticker). It wouldn't hurt Toyota to use a better grade of leather, vinyl and wood.