2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: Good but not great

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Good but not great
By brandon on

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza is my wife's new car that replaces her RX300. I have followed the Venza through it's concept to completion and was anxious to get in one. Now after putting 1000 mi on her car I have developed mixed emotions on my feelings about the car. First off it is a great value especially the lease we got. However it is not even close to the interior build quality of my wife's ex Lexus or my XC70 wagon. The interior is a bit lackluster filled with cheap plastic textured panels that trap the spring pollen and feel cheap.The cloth seats offer little support as well. The CVT 4 cyl is peppy bet needs time to wind up. The ride is a bit rough and at times reminiscent of motion sickness.

Nice tinted windows, the center console storage, the blue tooth integration, reclining rear seats, enormous rear leg room- great for car seats. Decent MPG- I get 22 mpg mixed driving, easy on the accelerator.

smaller tires, better interior panel construction, roof rails, better drivers seat. Climate control needs to be more intuitive. Overall the car is a great value but do not be fooled by the other reviews and think it is on par with the luxury class SUV/Wagons. You will be disappointed.