Gas milage
By watermarks on
2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We love our Venza . It works well for my wife and as well for me. Plenty of room in it. We have had it for 1 year. The only issue we have had it the gas milage. we are going by the computer gas meter and it says 17.3. When we first got it at the dealer it showed 16.1 and we ask the dealer if that was the real milage and they said that was just because of it sitting on alot. My wife is a real easy going driver and the computer gas meter always says 17 .3 to 17.5 in normal driving. We dont know if the computer is off or not. I had some friends that brought the exact car and engine from the same place and they get 23 normal driving and 26 on the highway . Disappointed in gas milage computer.
By onkeludo
on 08/19/11 07:08 AM (PDT)

If you want to know your gas mileage, calculate it yourself. Miles driven since last fill-up (use the trip meter if you like) divided by gallons pumped to fill the tank. This is basic math but if you want, you can get a cell-phone app to do it for you.

By shanjctn
on 05/01/13 05:56 AM (PDT)

Hi watermarks, Did toyota figur out what the problem is with gas milage computer? I own toyota venza. It has done 62,000 miles. Last few days I have noticed gas milage display changes randomly from 0 miles to 99 miles. I took it to my toyota dealership. They said, it's because I am driving my car inside city and that's why the car computer has not been able to figur out the exact mpg. They are 100% wrong. Because 99% of my driving is on highway. Just wondering if you were able to resolve the issue with your venza. Anyone else have any problem or solution with gas mlage computer display? Please comment