First Toyota--Venza Rocks
By David Smale on
2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I went from a Murano to the Venza. I need room for big product. It has the feel of a lexus without the same "see me, I have a Lexus" statement which I did not want for a company car. One business associate said the wheels looked like they belong in the hood. I took it as a compliment. It has a great feel and ample power. Our other vehicle is a BMW 330xi. This vehicle does not have that "grin while you drive" sense but I enjoy getting in it every day and I love the cargo bay. We are cyclists and are gone a number of weekends. We could put a full hitch on it and can haul lots of gear. I have not raved about a vehicle other than the Beemer in a long time. I think Toyota hit a home run.
Favorite Features
Cockpit is very well designed. Storage up front is a major plus--extremely well thought out. Storage touches are superior. With seats down cargo area is BIG. Leather is nicely done. Keyless entry & start is nice. Bluetooth phone works very well including voice command once finally connected
Suggested Improvements
Find a way to incorporate a roof rack with the sunroofs. I may have considered cloth seats but I though they were unattractive. All wheel drive is fine for winter driving but this definitely a crossover and not an off road vehicle.