Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol on
2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers. It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years). The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape. The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.
Favorite Features
Style, roomy 2nd seat, cargo space.
Suggested Improvements
Go back to putting regular tires on the Venza. The ride is too rough. Re-design the acceleration system since gas mileage is poor. Fix the electronics that control the dashboard mileage monitor.
By luvtoyota10
on 10/18/11 10:42 AM (PDT)

No matter what, the venza is wayy better than a ford escape. Maybe you should have a light foot on the pedal. On My venza I avarage 22.9 MPG. And I have a 4cyl FWD and it's a 2010. Of course the ride wouldnt be smooth because there are 19" rims on the 4cyl they are low profiled.

By sixsixatl
on 11/12/11 18:21 PM (PST)

I'm actually looking at a purchasing a Ford Escape, Honda CRV or Venza (I eliminated the RAV4 when I sat in one - I'm 6'6"). Why is the Venza "wayy better" than a Ford Escape "no matter what"? I think I'm wanting it to be better but I'm simply not reading enough positive comments and reviews about the Venza to make me believe it.

By luvtoyota10
on 11/19/11 07:21 AM (PST)

Wellll, I have changed my mind on my Venza I can't see myself with it long-term. I am thinking about a highlander, 2013 honda cr-v, sorento or a 2013 Hyundai santa fe when my lease is up. I have to admit the rav4 is small.