2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Favorite Vehicle Ever
By Favorite Vehicle Eve on 06/10/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I change vehicles every 2-3 years due to the amount of miles I drive. I have owned 2 Lexus (Lexi), 2 Audis and others. This is my favorite vehicle ever. I opted for the 4 cyl. to get the better gas mileage. I am getting 29 miles on the highway and 23 miles city. Incredible for a vehicle this size. I test drove the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl and bought the 4 cyl. Brought the salesman with me for the extra weight in the vehicle. We both weighed about 200 lbs. I didn't notice a considerable difference in power or acceleration. Others stated problems with seat comfort, fit and finish, yet I have 100% satisfaction. I love it. Everything I paid $27.733 for the LS with most all options.

I've tried them all
By Brian on 06/09/10 16:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have test driven them all myself. From GM to Ford to Honda to Toyota. I tested many different makes and models. The Venza wins hands down. Just to give an example today it got windy while I was driving. I asked myself why the car seem hard to hold on the road. I couldn't hear the wind noise. It was that quiet. Got out of the car and it was really windy. This was while driving at 60 mph. Very roomy interior. A wide vehicle, but plenty of arm room with passenger. 3 children fit in back seat with room in between ages 8-10. 8 year old twins.

Fooled by Toyota
By sam063 on 06/07/10 14:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2010 AWD 4cyl Venza in early April'10. I was assured no recall. 3 weeks later I got the recall notice for gas pedal, but they have no fix for the problem yet. Do not bring to dealer.(ok- sure) Have major problem with brake surges and not sure if going to fully stop sometimes. Brought to Toyota and they cut my rotors. I have 4400 miles on my car. I am very disappointed and leery to drive my car that I am absolutely stuck with as I cannot trade it at this point. Not a good feeling.

Awesome, Realiable, Fun well made Venza
By Venza Rocks on 06/06/10 07:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought my wife this car on Friday. I loved it so much that I had to go back to the dealer and get one for myself. This car is very well thought out when it was built. Everything is amazing on this car. I have an upscale 2009 Infiniti Crossover and when I compared the two side by side, you pretty much get the exact same upgrades for $10,000 less. I know Infiniti is a higher brand of car made in Japan, however, with what you get on the Venza comparing to the same class of cars across the board, hands down Venza wins. I compare cars for months before I buy, but this car was an impulse buy that I will not regret. Since we bought two Venzas, I got an awesome deal on the second one. LOVE IT!

Some good, improvement possible
By toy yoda on 05/28/10 23:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

This is in no way a bad review. I love this vehicle and know exactly why I choose the 4 cyl but I think Toyota could have done a better job with the pep of the engine. This is not a vehicle I would use to make quick moves with on the highway. I am 6'4" with very long legs and I fit in this thing like a KING! The roominess is my favorite feature. I'm a young guy (23) who is REALLY into technology and even I had to read the manual; they could have made the bluetooth setup a bit easier but its not bad overall. I think I may take mine in to have the dash looked at. Seems to be not set properly and the side airbag compartment isn't fit properly.

It's Not a Station Wagon!
By Patty on 05/25/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had been driving Volvo XC70s for the last 13 years, and got tired of the station wagon styling, but wasn't willing to go to an SUV or mini-van. Loved the Venza the first commercial I saw. Finally found a slightly-used (2,300 miles) 2010 fully loaded, including navigation. Have had the car for 10 days and love it. It has great styling and is fun to drive. Ride is a little bumpy at times due to the 20" tires, but my XC70 had a similar feel. It feels very stable on winding roads. I haven't driven it at night to see how the auto dimming headlights work, but they seem like an interesting concept. Have already made one trip to the plant nursery and came home with a full load- easy loading.

Slight Disappointed!
By sam063 on 05/20/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the car in March 2010, made sure with the dealer it wasn't on recall list which they assured me it wasn't. 3 weeks later. I get my recall notice. But they said don't bring it in yet as they don't have a fix for the gas pedal yet. ok? (still not fixed) Went from Ford Explorer to Venza. Very different driving. Beautiful styling in &out. Back seat very comfortable. Bought 4-cyl and not enough pep for fast pull outs.Engine has to work hard. Should have bought 6 cyl. so take heed. Brakes are very strange. Had to bring in to dealer after 6 weeks to sand the rotors!! Never heard of such a thing. I am hesitant about this car and I have a 5 yr.loan. Hopefully it holds up like a Toyota used to.

Lexus of AWD Toyotas
By Value4Money on 05/18/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best AWD vehicle in its class. Traded in a 2004 Lexus RX330 which was a great car and thought we would stay with the RX350. But the Venza is built on a newer platform, has more room and costs $8000 less fully loaded with NAV and including all the features we care about. Handled well in late spring snow and does equally well on twisty mountain roads and city driving. Plenty of back room for three teenage boys who all top 6 feet.

Just unbelieveable
By Charlie K on 05/18/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Pearl, roof rack, Heated leather seats are great for the back (even in Fl.). Avg 26 around town and on trips to the east coast 33 mpg. Mileage improves if I use ETHANOL FREE gas by 2 mpg. The comfort, space and pick-up are ideal. It's easy getting into and out of and very comfortable driving (being 6'2") with plenty of storage and cargo space.This car has it all WITHOUT supporting foreign oil!

Nice Car but Beware...
By Ted_Driver on 05/15/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently bought a 2010 Venza. Fun to drive. The exterior is very attractive but wish the interior was built with better quality materials and/or craftsmanship. Interior road noise can be an issue (nosier than one would think) but I'm use to it now. IF NOTHING ELSE, look carefully at the interior for defects. In mine, the panels do not fit together well and gaps where dashboard panels meet are wider than should be. Some are warping ever so slightly -- some may not notice it but I did while sitting traffic. Since the car is so new, I haven't driven the car long enough or put in enough miles to see how it performs mechanically but so far so good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$118 per month*