Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Just can't please everyone!
By XFIREN

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shocked when reading some of the reviews concerning the quality and refinement of the materials in the Venza. First of all let me say that I always have concerns about the knocks to this vehicle being in line with the over publicized recalls " I wonder "? I have owned 20 vehicles over a 35 year period and this vehicle rates up with the best of them, all of them have been in the 40 - 50k range. I do agree that a 18-19" wheel option should be available, although I love the look and except the slight stiffer ride of the 20" Interior quality is good and ergonomics great. if you considering the Venza buy with confidence.

Favorite Features

Impressive V6 engine, quiet and smooth. Love the looks both inside and out. Great looking 20" wheels. Great color options.

Suggested Improvements

Steering numb, Toyota's inability to have winter wheels and tires available (with TPM) for the 20" Wheels. JBL NAV option over priced.

Noisy
By Cinco

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 1 month of ownership I've experienced no mechanical problems. Everything works as designed. The interior is of good quality and the outside design is progressive. The seats are comfortable. The dashboard is well designed and bright, very easy to find everything. There are a few blind spots while driving in the rear but once you get use to them you make accommodations and understand what needs to be done.

Favorite Features

The 20 inch wheels are a nice touch for a car like this. The backseat which also reclines has a lot of room in which you don't feel cramped.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise on this vehicle is unbelievably loud. It's to the point where it's difficult to even hear the stereo or the passenger seating next to you or behind you. For this alone I probably wouldn't buy this again if I have the opportunity.

Disappointing product
By gail76

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very nice vehicle, but ours has been at the repair shop way too much> the list of problems range from minor to major, now at 36,000 miles the transmission failed, we had problems with the a/c pump unit, seat heaters, nav system, remote entry, and warped brake rotors. The fuel economy is dismal at 18 mpg with mostly highway driving. I do enjoy the features of this car, and it drives very well and feels safe. Seems I'm not alone as I have talked to several other venza owners that are having similar problems, we will not keep this one past the warranty!

Favorite Features

Looks, Features, Safety, It drives nice.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and dependability are sub par. this was not our first Toyota but will be our last, I'm glad we held on to our 98 Rav4, comes in handy when the Venzas in the shop.

Nice car with poor reliability
By rancher8

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It looks great, very nice to drive, i love all the features, but i will never buy another Toyota. Ours is getting a new transmission installed at the time i write this review- and its backordered, our service guy said its a common failure on awd Venzas. Our A/C quit needing a new compressor unit, right seat heater quit, front brake rotors warped, the nav system often freezes up, and after 32,000 miles this car rattles and is starting to feel old. It's a nice vehicle but i seriously doubt it will hold up well, my old 98 Rav4 felt better than this with 200,000 mi. While loitering around the service department waiting i can say I'm not the only one disappointed with my new Toyota!

Favorite Features

It looks very classy, by far one of the better looking crossovers, it drives nice, i like the interior and all the features.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality. Reliability. Some interior parts feel cheap.Lousy fuel economy, i never knew how far the domestic competition has come until i drove a friends Buick Enclave (he's very happy with it after 2 years)I miss the way Toyota used to build their vehicles- with QUALITY that LASTED!

After You Buy
By Ski Majeski

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am enjoying immensely getting used to the venza that we recently purchased, from heartland Toyota in bremerton, wa. It was actually a fun experience to shop for and buy at heartland, no pressure to buy, and more concern that we were going to be happy with what we were test driving. We of course have not used the service dept. Yet but expect to the same attitude when we do. Try a venza, I think they are fun to drive.

Favorite Features

It is hard to pick a favorite feature, I guess I am trying to get used to the backup camera. I do like not having an actual key to get in to the vehicle, just carry the fob in your pocket and you can unlock, lock, start the car, stop the car. Without ever taking the fob out of your pocket.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I would like to have improved is the gas mileage, I get right around 23 to 24 miles per gallon.