2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Big regret for purchasing
By mt on 07/29/10 03:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Less of feeling fun, but comfort and bring body from point A to point B. Very disappointing to compare from my old Ford. Same junk with a good name.

Venza vs 2004 Murano
By VenzaMurano on 07/26/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a 2004 Murano and I got the Venza as my next car. I very happy to report the Venza does a great job. I thought it would be hard to beat the no gear change in the Murano CVT, but the Venza is just as smooth switching gears. I was surprised the ride was much smoother than the Murano. I like the fact the Venza takes regular gas versus premium with the same gas mileage, but the gas tank is about 4 gallons smaller than the Murano (21.6/17.7) which causes about 80 miles less driving on a full tank. The interior is nice, but I wish the would have gone higher glass but that would probably make it a Lexus. The center storage is well designed and useful.

Could be a fun car
By Bernhard on 07/21/10 09:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza is a nice car, but ours has a flaw, that might be typical for this car. When the transmission is in drive and the car is at an incline, then it rolls back. The transmission does not catch the car. The dealership told us this is normal for Venzas and Camrys So it is either bad engineering or bad customer service. The car is somewhat fun to drive, but Toyota quality is not what it used to be. Some parts in the interior do not fit together appropriately. This indicates assembly problems. In addition, all Venzas are now affected by the pedal recall. It took Toyota about 6 months to admit that problem. Again bad customer service. My next car will not be a Toyota.

Very Nice
By mjljr on 07/14/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 6 months I still like this car. I was given a loaner for a few days till mine came in. The loaner had Goodyear tires. (Junk) Mine came with Michelin. All most no noise, soft over bumps. The V6 has plenty of power, drove it 2400 miles in 10 days. through the smokey mountains the cruse control held with out downshifting. Average mpg was 25.6 across Ohio and lower Michigan it got 26.4 (I set the cruse at the posted limit) To work and back average is 24.1mpg. The seats are very comfy. 800 miles one day with no back or leg pain. Plenty of room for big shopping trips.

My Venza
By Moriko DeMeyer on 07/13/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I am from Japan and they don't have them there so when I moved to America I liked them and purchased one.When I lived in Japan I use to own a Rav4, it was okay it was older.Anyway,all in all I like my Venza and so do my kids, I love the way it drives it's like a driving on a boat with no waves a nice smooth ride.The interior is cool too. Nice colors. All in all I think you should purchase one it's worth it. We Japanese are not cheap so trust us. And about the recall no problem what so ever. Every car company has mistakes. Gm had one with gas and Saab did with doors.

Like the venza
By marvin on 07/07/10 05:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

6 cyl venza bought in April now has 2,600 miles. Great car for the money with very nice features. Love the keyless entry! HDs are great. Nice leather, but too much hard plastic elsewhere (couple small rattles in dash and rear area). Almost all highway miles averaging 25 mpg at 70 mph with Cruise. The 6 cyl has great power when taking off, but the slightest incline causes it to downshift and that's been disappointing. Backup camera is useless. View is too small and with any light at all you can see nothing. Venzas we test drove had michelins and rode nicely. Ordered ours and it came with goodyears and the ride is harsh - feel every bump.

Tow Prep Package
By wonder on 07/07/10 04:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new Venza with the tow prep package. Consumers need to know that a wiring harness to hook up a trailers lights is not included in this package. Also, a wiring harness from Toyota will not be available until January 2011.It cost me an additional $150.00 to get the trailer lights to work.

Ugh! At 7K the transmission went out!
By Penny on 07/02/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After a car accident with our 2007 Camry, we purchased the Venza with much optimism, With in 5K miles the gas pedal stuck on the floor mat, yikes! But we later removed the mat and had no more problems. Then the car was jumping forward and then the next day the all the dash lights were lit up and at 7,233 miles the transmission died. No help from Toyota, or the dealership to help us get rid of the lemon so we traded it into the Ford dealership and I am driving an Edge. I thought the negative comments about Toyota was just a bad press campaign but I guess the media got it right for once. My confidence with the car was eroded with these experience, and no one seems to care or wanted to help.

Luv It
By Randy on 07/01/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is really my wife's car but she let's me drive now and again. Think it is great looking,options are great, performance is all we had hoped for. Ride is quiet and comfortable. I have seen some reviews that don't like the fact that there is no 3rd row seats, that is a big plus for us we have no need for these and in vehicles this size a 3rd row seat just squishes everything together. The Venza has more rear seat leg room than my Tahoe and is much more comfortable than the Tahoe's rear seat. We had narrowed our choice to either an RX350 or the Venza and I am more than happy with our choice and saving about 7k didn't hurt.

Believe what your hearing about Toyota
By Robert Kellington on 07/01/10 04:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have 1,500 miles on my brand new Venza 4cyl AWD, and I have knocking in the engine. This happens every day when I put it in drive and go. This vehicle is very deceiving when you initially buy it. Once you have been in it awhile, you realize all the fancy stuff surrounding you masks the quality problems. The noise level as other blogs are saying is true, loud. I'm concerned with other problems too, the driver window when half way down makes a rattle noise and the steering wheel when turning makes a ticking noise. I have owned a 89 Camry and 2000 4Runner and always sworn by Toyota, so I ignored all the bad PR and went out and bought this Venza. I should have listened to the news!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$118 per month*