Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

LOVE THE CAR...HATE THE BUMPY RIDE!!!
By wjfun

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my car in Nov 2011, didn't notice the bumpy ride right away. I love everything about the car except the ride. I've been told it's the tires. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what have you done about it? I hate to spend the money on new tires and that does not solve the problem. Although I have read other blogs and people have complained of the bumpy ride....great car but I want a smoother ride....HELP!!! wjfun

Favorite Features

All the "GREAT FEATURES" my Venza is loaded

Suggested Improvements

Better tires for a smoother ride???

Love/Hate relationship
By ricksreview

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Hate having the Toyota sevice department know me by first name! All was well in the first year and half of owning our fully loaded 2010 Venza AWD. Recently the car developed a clunk in the rear, this required an extensive rear suspension repair. the noise has returned 3 months later! The transmission started to shudder and slip, Toyota replaced it saying its fairly common on the AWD model. This car only has 27,000 careful miles. I think it has more squeeks and rattles than the 02 Dodge Caravan that this Venza replaced.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, Interior is well laid out and very comfortable. One of the better riding CUV's we drove.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is poor. Road and wind noise. And the Toyotas quality must be a thing of the past.

The new has worn off :(.........Troubles at 30k
By gail76

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle has many rattles appear after 30k miles or so, transmission is getting a factory replacement as i write this (Toyota says transmission failures are common in our hilly area). Interior seat quality is poor, our leather is looking very worn out already. Had to replace the battery and recharge the A/C as well. We are a couple in our late 50's and always look after our vehicles. Having very mixed emotions about this vehicle and i doubt we'll keep it past the warranty.

Favorite Features

Very nice vehicle to drive, it rides nice and look great in and out.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and build quality, i expect much better quality in materials in a car of this price. Fuel economy has never been good, but we never did buy it for economy, we average 17-20 mpg highway.

It has been a year
By luvtoyota10

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

It has been a year ( and 2 weeks) Since I got my 2010 Toyota Venza. It's Fun To Drive compared to my previous vehicle (2000 toyota 4runner). The sterring may be light but it is very agile. The ride is bumpy but I got over it. It's Great in the snow. I feel safe in it and it handles well in wet conditions. The color is fantastic. Very comfortable seats and good (front visibility) the Back up camera helps alot. The bluetooth streaming audio is fabulous.

Favorite Features

Everything! Not alot of body roll around the corners. Cup holders with lights.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Make them more scratch proof. And make the ride better but with good handling. Less road noise. I wish it had ambient lighting. Maybe the gas mileage could be improved.

Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers. It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years). The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape. The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.

Favorite Features

Style, roomy 2nd seat, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to putting regular tires on the Venza. The ride is too rough. Re-design the acceleration system since gas mileage is poor. Fix the electronics that control the dashboard mileage monitor.