Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Nice, but irritating Nav system
By joyful

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Gas mileage is averaging around 24. I am constantly irritated by the nav system deciding when I can access it. It seems like Toyota is going way overboard is trying to keep me "safe from myself." When *else* am I going to need the Nav functions except when I am driving? Very frustrating! Neither my old ipod classic nor my new mini will work with the system but it is quite fun to drive and very comfortable!

Favorite Features

heated seats, power lift gate

Suggested Improvements

power seat memory settings, better nav system access while driving, low-fuel chime

Big regret for purchasing
By mt

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Less of feeling fun, but comfort and bring body from point A to point B. Very disappointing to compare from my old Ford. Same junk with a good name.

Favorite Features

Power tailgate provides many good works from my wife.

Suggested Improvements

Should provide option to select roof track or transparent roof. To me the transparent roof is useless.

Venza vs 2004 Murano
By VenzaMurano

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a 2004 Murano and I got the Venza as my next car. I very happy to report the Venza does a great job. I thought it would be hard to beat the no gear change in the Murano CVT, but the Venza is just as smooth switching gears. I was surprised the ride was much smoother than the Murano. I like the fact the Venza takes regular gas versus premium with the same gas mileage, but the gas tank is about 4 gallons smaller than the Murano (21.6/17.7) which causes about 80 miles less driving on a full tank. The interior is nice, but I wish the would have gone higher glass but that would probably make it a Lexus. The center storage is well designed and useful.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth gear transmission, quick acceleration, attractive design,

Suggested Improvements

The center console, backup camera, radio display are hard to see in bright sun light. The passenger head rest blocks view when looking for cars on the right. The AC power fan switch is a little hard to adjust since the button is curved at the top and should be flat like the mode buttons.

Could be a fun car
By Bernhard

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza is a nice car, but ours has a flaw, that might be typical for this car. When the transmission is in drive and the car is at an incline, then it rolls back. The transmission does not catch the car. The dealership told us this is normal for Venzas and Camrys So it is either bad engineering or bad customer service. The car is somewhat fun to drive, but Toyota quality is not what it used to be. Some parts in the interior do not fit together appropriately. This indicates assembly problems. In addition, all Venzas are now affected by the pedal recall. It took Toyota about 6 months to admit that problem. Again bad customer service. My next car will not be a Toyota.

Favorite Features

It drives

Suggested Improvements

Review sight is not very good. That is a downside for a car this size.

Very Nice
By mjljr

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 6 months I still like this car. I was given a loaner for a few days till mine came in. The loaner had Goodyear tires. (Junk) Mine came with Michelin. All most no noise, soft over bumps. The V6 has plenty of power, drove it 2400 miles in 10 days. through the smokey mountains the cruse control held with out downshifting. Average mpg was 25.6 across Ohio and lower Michigan it got 26.4 (I set the cruse at the posted limit) To work and back average is 24.1mpg. The seats are very comfy. 800 miles one day with no back or leg pain. Plenty of room for big shopping trips.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note! Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

intermittent wipers have 4 steps, 3 are so slow they are useless. Passenger wiper stops travel in drivers line of sight leaving a 1 inch wide fuzzy area right where you need a clear view. No lockable storage in cabin. center console needs a indention for drivers knee.