Used 2010 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Love / Hate
By William Wilson

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I love the reliability, great looks, comfortable ride and functionality. The interior finishes are average. I hate the loud creaking and cracking noise which eminates from my rear sunroof when I go over the smallest imperfection in the road. Dealer had vehicle for an entire week and gave up trying to find this noise. I'm embarrassed to travel with my clients. This noise started around 60,000 miles and is nearly unbearable at 80,000 miles. There's no good reason a $30,000 car should sound like it's coming apart at the seems with only 80,000 easy miles on it. I had planned to keep this car for 200,000 miles. I'll be replacing it with any vehicle other than a Toyota.

Hated to part with our 2010 4 cylinder Venza
By borjborj

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We had the car for 4 years and 1 month over 89,000 miles. We averaged 22K miles per year, never had any issues at all, only replaced tires and battery. We got combined 25.6 mpg on the original Bridgestones, harder riding tires. Replaced with Dunlop tires, then dropped to a combined 24.7 mpg, but it was a much better and smoother riding tires, worth losing 1 mpg. The car was always a pleasure to get on the road and travel and vacation in.

The 4 cylinder milage, for the size and comfort it provided, all highway milage 28 to 28.5 mpg.

Cargo area lighting

Great car overall but with a few issues
By cdgehs99

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm going on a little over 4 years with my 2010 Venza, and I still love it. I have very low mileage (32,500) due to using public transport for my daily commute, so I'm still anxious to see how the reliability holds up as the miles increase. The car is nice to drive, handles well, and I love the space available. The gas mileage is ok. I will agree with some of the other reviewers that the ride can be a little bumpy at times, but I knew that was possibility because of the large rims and smaller profile tires. I also have had some interior creaks and rattles that can be annoying, especially because the interior build quality seems pretty decent. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle.

-The V6 has great acceleration and power -The seats are very comfortable, especially for longer rides. - I love the internal and external styling (although the front grill had to grow on me a bit) - So far the reliability has been great (with the caveat that I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet) - The car feels very capable when driving and I feel safe and secure behind the wheel

- Interior creaks and rattles are annoying. I didn't exactly expect the vehicle to be ninja quiet, but I am a little disappointed with the interior build quality in this regard. - Visibility around rear pillars is not great. I haven't really had any close calls or near misses because of the visibility issues, but it does cause you to have to be more cautious in your daily driving -The ride can be a little bumpy at times due to the large rims and smaller profile tires. I knew that coming in to the purchase and in general it's not a big issue for me.

"Okay" car overall, but wouldn't buy again
By burrowsb

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pros: edgy body style, roomy interior, auto-up/down on all windows, fun "gadgets" (i.e. push-button start, voice activated phone, remote open/close rear hatch, touch-lock door handles), panoramic roof, reclining rear seats. cons: pretty bad rear and side/rear visibility when changing lanes/passing (a consequence of the edgy body style mentioned above). Blind spots have led to close calls more than once. This alone is enough to make me regret my purchase. Rear view camera is too limited to be of much help. Mileage is pretty poopy. No rear dome light when you open rear hatch in the dark (very odd oversight).

panoramic sunroof, auto up/down windows all 'round, push-button start, remote rear hatch.

needs a rear hatch dome light, better mileage, blind-spot indicator should be standard with this type of body style, larger screen on back-up camera.

Very Pleased
By californiakid

2010 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People need to realize all cars have there potential problems, its part of owning a vehicle. If you look on here, there are only a few neg reviews, which are mostly prompted by an unhappy customer. They sold 48k Venzas in 2010. If you only have a few bad reviews on Edmonds, its a safe bet the car is fine in general. I perfectly happy with mine, not one problem. Poor ride quality could be attributed to air pressure in the tires. Too much pressure=stiff ride. My Venza is great. Never an issue. If your looking to buy a Venza don't let a few reviews affect your decision. If you find a vehicle on here that does not have one problem, let me know what it is, cause I want one.

Nice Modern look, nearly drives itself. Plenty of power, great gas mileage for its size. Build quality is top knotch.