Used 2010 Toyota Venza Base Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

`118K owner
By Wayne

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in Sept. 2010. No problems over 118 K miles (mostly freeway) Excellent mpg as per sticker info. Highest road mileage 33 (actual not computer) results mostly flat driving but some long hill climbing. Consistently gets 28 to 29 mpg highway, 22 city. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power for long climbs and passing and transmission does not hunt for a gear while climbing hills like my Honda did.

In reference to the ride quality comments by most here, I notice the car rides much better when loaded with more weight than when it's just me driving. Seems to have SUV like suspension. (stiffer)

This car is still on the original set of breaks. My mechanic says they have more than 80% remaining.
Seating is excellent for large and tall people and the seats have great support.

Cons: Poor rear compartment lighting as others have stated. I added a light to the side wall. Back light for radio info is impossible to see in bright day light and the dash light dimmer knob feels sooo cheap and is awkward to use compared to my Honda and Camry. ( why did you do that Toyota?) Other con: Bluetooth very poor quality sound. (I don't use it as no one could understand me) Over
all this has been a great car hope to get a full 200 K out of it. I Wish Toyota were still making them. (almost bought a Chevy Equinox but because it's made in Canada and the Venza was made in Kentucky..I bouoght the USA made car).
Good job Georgetown. (:

Love / Hate
By William Wilson

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I love the reliability, great looks, comfortable ride and functionality. The interior finishes are average. I hate the loud creaking and cracking noise which eminates from my rear sunroof when I go over the smallest imperfection in the road. Dealer had vehicle for an entire week and gave up trying to find this noise. I'm embarrassed to travel with my clients. This noise started around 60,000 miles and is nearly unbearable at 80,000 miles. There's no good reason a $30,000 car should sound like it's coming apart at the seems with only 80,000 easy miles on it. I had planned to keep this car for 200,000 miles. I'll be replacing it with any vehicle other than a Toyota.

Hated to part with our 2010 4 cylinder Venza
By borjborj

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We had the car for 4 years and 1 month over 89,000 miles. We averaged 22K miles per year, never had any issues at all, only replaced tires and battery. We got combined 25.6 mpg on the original Bridgestones, harder riding tires. Replaced with Dunlop tires, then dropped to a combined 24.7 mpg, but it was a much better
and smoother riding tires, worth losing 1 mpg. The car was always a pleasure to get on the road and travel and vacation in.

The 4 cylinder milage, for the size and comfort it provided, all highway milage 28 to 28.5 mpg.

Cargo area lighting

It has been a year
By luvtoyota10

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

It has been a year ( and 2 weeks) Since I got my 2010 Toyota Venza. It's Fun To Drive compared to my previous vehicle (2000 toyota 4runner). The sterring may be light but it is very agile. The ride is bumpy but I got over it. It's Great in the snow. I feel safe in it and it handles well in wet conditions. The color is fantastic. Very comfortable seats and good (front visibility) the Back up camera helps alot.
The bluetooth streaming audio is fabulous.

Everything! Not alot of body roll around the corners. Cup holders with lights.

Better interior materials. Make them more scratch proof. And make the ride better but with good handling. Less road noise. I wish it had ambient lighting. Maybe the gas mileage could be improved.

Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers.

It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years).

The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape.

The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.

Style, roomy 2nd seat, cargo space.

Go back to putting regular tires on the Venza. The ride is too rough. Re-design the acceleration system since gas mileage is poor. Fix the electronics that control the dashboard mileage monitor.