Used 2010 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Great Elbow Room
By Breck Montague

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Solid, reliable, very comfortable with great interior space. Would buy another one, but Toyota for some foolish reason has discontinued the Venza for 2016

`118K owner
By Wayne

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car new in Sept. 2010. No problems over 118 K miles (mostly freeway) Excellent mpg as per sticker info. Highest road mileage 33 (actual not computer) results mostly flat driving but some long hill climbing. Consistently gets 28 to 29 mpg highway, 22 city. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power for long climbs and passing and transmission does not hunt for a gear while climbing hills like my Honda did. In reference to the ride quality comments by most here, I notice the car rides much better when loaded with more weight than when it's just me driving. Seems to have SUV like suspension. (stiffer) This car is still on the original set of breaks. My mechanic says they have more than 80% remaining. Seating is excellent for large and tall people and the seats have great support. Cons: Poor rear compartment lighting as others have stated. I added a light to the side wall. Back light for radio info is impossible to see in bright day light and the dash light dimmer knob feels sooo cheap and is awkward to use compared to my Honda and Camry. ( why did you do that Toyota?) Other con: Bluetooth very poor quality sound. (I don't use it as no one could understand me) Over all this has been a great car hope to get a full 200 K out of it. I Wish Toyota were still making them. (almost bought a Chevy Equinox but because it's made in Canada and the Venza was made in Kentucky..I bouoght the USA made car). Good job Georgetown. (:

Love / Hate
By William Wilson

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I love the reliability, great looks, comfortable ride and functionality. The interior finishes are average. I hate the loud creaking and cracking noise which eminates from my rear sunroof when I go over the smallest imperfection in the road. Dealer had vehicle for an entire week and gave up trying to find this noise. I'm embarrassed to travel with my clients. This noise started around 60,000 miles and is nearly unbearable at 80,000 miles. There's no good reason a $30,000 car should sound like it's coming apart at the seems with only 80,000 easy miles on it. I had planned to keep this car for 200,000 miles. I'll be replacing it with any vehicle other than a Toyota.

Hated to part with our 2010 4 cylinder Venza
By borjborj

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We had the car for 4 years and 1 month over 89,000 miles. We averaged 22K miles per year, never had any issues at all, only replaced tires and battery. We got combined 25.6 mpg on the original Bridgestones, harder riding tires. Replaced with Dunlop tires, then dropped to a combined 24.7 mpg, but it was a much better and smoother riding tires, worth losing 1 mpg. The car was always a pleasure to get on the road and travel and vacation in.

The 4 cylinder milage, for the size and comfort it provided, all highway milage 28 to 28.5 mpg.

Cargo area lighting

Great car overall but with a few issues
By cdgehs99

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm going on a little over 4 years with my 2010 Venza, and I still love it. I have very low mileage (32,500) due to using public transport for my daily commute, so I'm still anxious to see how the reliability holds up as the miles increase. The car is nice to drive, handles well, and I love the space available. The gas mileage is ok. I will agree with some of the other reviewers that the ride can be a little bumpy at times, but I knew that was possibility because of the large rims and smaller profile tires. I also have had some interior creaks and rattles that can be annoying, especially because the interior build quality seems pretty decent. Overall I am very pleased with the vehicle.

-The V6 has great acceleration and power -The seats are very comfortable, especially for longer rides. - I love the internal and external styling (although the front grill had to grow on me a bit) - So far the reliability has been great (with the caveat that I haven't put a lot of miles on it yet) - The car feels very capable when driving and I feel safe and secure behind the wheel

- Interior creaks and rattles are annoying. I didn't exactly expect the vehicle to be ninja quiet, but I am a little disappointed with the interior build quality in this regard. - Visibility around rear pillars is not great. I haven't really had any close calls or near misses because of the visibility issues, but it does cause you to have to be more cautious in your daily driving -The ride can be a little bumpy at times due to the large rims and smaller profile tires. I knew that coming in to the purchase and in general it's not a big issue for me.

• SUV