2010 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
"Okay" car overall, but wouldn't buy again
By burrowsb on 12/18/12 22:55 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

pros: edgy body style, roomy interior, auto-up/down on all windows, fun "gadgets" (i.e. push-button start, voice activated phone, remote open/close rear hatch, touch-lock door handles), panoramic roof, reclining rear seats. cons: pretty bad rear and side/rear visibility when changing lanes/passing (a consequence of the edgy body style mentioned above). Blind spots have led to close calls more than once. This alone is enough to make me regret my purchase. Rear view camera is too limited to be of much help. Mileage is pretty poopy. No rear dome light when you open rear hatch in the dark (very odd oversight).

Very Pleased
By californiakid on 03/20/12 06:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

People need to realize all cars have there potential problems, its part of owning a vehicle. If you look on here, there are only a few neg reviews, which are mostly prompted by an unhappy customer. They sold 48k Venzas in 2010. If you only have a few bad reviews on Edmonds, its a safe bet the car is fine in general. I perfectly happy with mine, not one problem. Poor ride quality could be attributed to air pressure in the tires. Too much pressure=stiff ride. My Venza is great. Never an issue. If your looking to buy a Venza don't let a few reviews affect your decision. If you find a vehicle on here that does not have one problem, let me know what it is, cause I want one.

LOVE THE CAR...HATE THE BUMPY RIDE!!!
By wjfun on 02/19/12 15:51 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my car in Nov 2011, didn't notice the bumpy ride right away. I love everything about the car except the ride. I've been told it's the tires. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what have you done about it? I hate to spend the money on new tires and that does not solve the problem. Although I have read other blogs and people have complained of the bumpy ride....great car but I want a smoother ride....HELP!!! wjfun

Love/Hate relationship
By ricksreview on 11/01/11 08:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle. Hate having the Toyota sevice department know me by first name! All was well in the first year and half of owning our fully loaded 2010 Venza AWD. Recently the car developed a clunk in the rear, this required an extensive rear suspension repair. the noise has returned 3 months later! The transmission started to shudder and slip, Toyota replaced it saying its fairly common on the AWD model. This car only has 27,000 careful miles. I think it has more squeeks and rattles than the 02 Dodge Caravan that this Venza replaced.

The new has worn off :(.........Troubles at 30k
By gail76 on 10/30/11 20:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle has many rattles appear after 30k miles or so, transmission is getting a factory replacement as i write this (Toyota says transmission failures are common in our hilly area). Interior seat quality is poor, our leather is looking very worn out already. Had to replace the battery and recharge the A/C as well. We are a couple in our late 50's and always look after our vehicles. Having very mixed emotions about this vehicle and i doubt we'll keep it past the warranty.

It has been a year
By luvtoyota10 on 10/18/11 10:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

It has been a year ( and 2 weeks) Since I got my 2010 Toyota Venza. It's Fun To Drive compared to my previous vehicle (2000 toyota 4runner). The sterring may be light but it is very agile. The ride is bumpy but I got over it. It's Great in the snow. I feel safe in it and it handles well in wet conditions. The color is fantastic. Very comfortable seats and good (front visibility) the Back up camera helps alot. The bluetooth streaming audio is fabulous.

Beware of Gas Mileage and Erratic Acceleration
By bosnol on 08/28/11 20:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Although stylish and roomy, the Venza's gas mileage, even for a 4 cylinder, is poor compared to what is advertised, especially since we are careful, conservative drivers. It might be the overly sensitive accelerator pedal that results in excess gas consumption. The ride is not smooth either compared to the Ford Escape (we have had an Escape for 2 years). The satellite radio does not perform as well as it does in the Ford models such as the Escape. The dashboard mileage display screen is wired way too sensitive and cannot be adjusted.

Gas milage
By watermarks on 08/11/11 09:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Venza . It works well for my wife and as well for me. Plenty of room in it. We have had it for 1 year. The only issue we have had it the gas milage. we are going by the computer gas meter and it says 17.3. When we first got it at the dealer it showed 16.1 and we ask the dealer if that was the real milage and they said that was just because of it sitting on alot. My wife is a real easy going driver and the computer gas meter always says 17 .3 to 17.5 in normal driving. We dont know if the computer is off or not. I had some friends that brought the exact car and engine from the same place and they get 23 normal driving and 26 on the highway . Disappointed in gas milage computer.

Venza 6 months
By rlionel on 08/06/11 11:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

MyVenza was purchased new. After 6 months and 7,500 miles, it drives just like new! Have not had one problem with my Venza. The ride is smooth, just came back from a 500 mile trip! Gas mileage was 27 mph overall for the trip! I have the 4 cyl. At 182 Hp it is very sufficient! The Venza is versatile, the cargo space is excellent. Seats fold down all or 1/2! Plenty of storage space! Electric back door is great Sound system is also excellent, especially the blue tooth phone and streaming audio from my IPhone. Start button is great! The only issue is with the small back up camera. screen is way too small! I have had many suv's, this drives like a car, but sits up high. I would buy another!

about 13k miles and still like new
By luvtoyota10 on 07/24/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Ok i got my venza back in 2010 in sept and i have been pleased ever since. It is very stylish and people stare at it when i drive by. Its very comfortable. I just found out the dashboard was padded! What a suprise never touched it. Everything is ergonomically correct. Visibility is great from the front but but as good in the back i really dont care because i have a back up camera. A bird was stuck in my grill and i tried to get it out and it fell to the bottom of the grill and now i have to take it to the toyota dealership to get it out.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Venza in WA is:

$148 per month*