2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: Venza: good stuff mover, great

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.7L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Venza: good stuff mover, great snow car
By M EF on

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 6cy AWD explicitly for very long drives along the Great Lakes Snowbelt in winter - dangerous conditions. I held my nose while considering SUVs and minivans. This car was a reasonable compromise. The seat is firm and surprisingly comfortable on a 500 mile drive. The vehicle handles firmly and assertively unlike Toyota's other models. I call it a vanagon; it felt large at first, but it really is more like a tall sedan than anything else. I have a black one with that ridiculously toothy chrome grill, which seems to be a desirable feature on higher-end vehicles. But it goes like a tank in the snow and hauls a medium amount of stuff. Expect good resale from it and I feel safe.

The interior is roomy - the back seat is truly comfortable for two tall adults. The center storage console actually fits my entire purse, which I really like. Super easy parking and good snow driving. Braking is so so.

The stereo sounds inferior and I hate the heating system controls. The trip computer is inaccurate and the mpg (20 hwy) seems low compared to projections. The cowl on the back side of the steering wheel is loose and clicks underhand, very odd. The rear headrests obscure vision and need removal.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review