Venza almost a crossover
By jerrylee1 on
2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had this vehicle for 10k now, and it is pretty comfortable ... it is, as expected, of Toyota quality...AWD functions very well.... but it fails on several styling fronts. MPG is as advertised around 22 mixed.
Favorite Features
like the big screen.... but its too complicated...we have 2 inch thick manual on how to.... wow.... good sound system decent MPG very stable and secure ride good room for a modern wagon (I date back to the road cruisers of the 70's... now that was a wagon.) great moon roof system
Suggested Improvements
1) smart key??? give me a break... call me old fashioned but a key is a key .... lets go back to the $2 key and get rid of these $300 keys. If you want security put a keypad on the dash. 2) the shift knob... butt ugly... I once saw something like this in an old hot rod... actually sticks out too far and is easily bumped out of position..potential hazard. 3) how do we get rid of the tire sensors... too expensive.. thank you uncle sam 4) what happened to the transmission dip stick... and why did we "fix" the oil filter? 5) the body panels could use some styling if for no other reason than to add strength 6) seats need to be more cushy. 7) I struggle to open the lift gate.