2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Review: 2009 Venza Steering Column Rat

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.7L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us on

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

Taller ride than a Camry

Toyota has numerous issues with steering column problems according to the posts within this website at around the 20,000 mileage mark. If the Toyota is a Certified Pre-Owned, Toyota needs to fix that issue at no additional cost to it's owner, and if that Toyota is 1 month out of the Basic Toyota warranty, as mine is, they need to take resposibility for the defective parts and replace it. Toyota is not taking care of their loyal customers. If you are a Toyota owner experiencing these same steering column issues, please notify Toyota: 1-800-331-4331 Toyota Motor Sales USA National Customer Relations 19001 South Western Avenue Department WC-10 Torrance, California 90501
By madashell16
on 07/09/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

I regrettably own a 2009 Venza, at 40,000km, transmission failure, at 50,000km, steering column failure TOYOTA NEVER AGAIN !!!!!

By ecurb57
on 11/16/14 16:52 PM (PST)

Here's another one ! My 2009 Venza ( 20,000 miles ) is driving me crazy with the (now) well known steering column rattle problem...who has a $1000.00 ++ to blow on a repair for a rattle ??? Toyota, you gotta be kidding me with this ridiculous repair ! Its sad when Toyota can't man up and fix their mistake! I'm a loyal customer ( at least 10+ new Toyota's ! ) over the years and I bought Toyota for a reason...quality ...I guess everything changes eventually. After 30 years of owning Toyota I'm thinking about a new history with Honda. Bruce in Pa.