Pampered Man Cave Queen
By Tom Spevak on
2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
On August 12, 2009, my wife and I bought our Venza. The first runner-up was the Volvo XC60. We are 50+ with no children and use this vehicle as our third vehicle- AWD, road trips, airport, social. It has every option except tow package. It has 4400 miles, half of which was a road trip to Florida. I have found it very comfortable, quiet, easy to get in and out of. I get 21/25 mpg, not bad considering how much I enjoy the V6. Visibility is not great, I store the rear headrests in the rear when not needed. The outside mirrors should tilt down when in reverse, and have a blind spot alert. Rain-sensing wipers would be nice. I do not understand why a loaded AWD/V6 does not get the good Michelins!?
Favorite Features
Sunset Bronze Mica, in the sunshine it looks awesome, I get lots of compliments. 20s with low roof line looks cool, moonroofs, bright lights, backup camera, huge rear seat, touch to lock/unlock, hands-free. JBL goes up to 64 and still sounds great - DO NOT try this with kids, pets, or wife in car !!
Suggested Improvements
Better dash material, all seats should be heated and cooled, as smart as this car is the clock should change itself. Owners manual -620 pages, add another 316 pages for the nav system - needs trimming. The Toyota logo on my hood looked like a cyclops eye, had it painted to match car. Looks great !