Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Throttle Suddenly Maximizes at Times
By dlb

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We love everything about our Venza except for one MAJOR problem. Twice now the engine has suddenly surged very SEVERELY and LOUD for about 10 seconds or so. It sounds like it goes from a normal idle to a sudden maxed out, floor-boarded throttle! We had around 3000 mi on it the first time this happened, and then this last time 9200 miles. It's been in park both times its happened, but we're afraid its gonna happen while driving. Toyota checked it over thouroughly and couldn't find anything wrong. The car is perfect outside of this problem. Like I said, we love it, but we sure do regret buying it.

Favorite Features

Well balanced, doesn't feel top-heavy. Nice quality car. Well arranged dash. Very easy to get in and out of. Plenty of room for everyone.

Suggested Improvements

Wished we would have gotten the upper level model with remote start and electric tailgate. Its hard to open manually, especially when your hands are full. We sure are anxious and hoping that Toyota will soon discover whats causing the surging and get the thing fixed!

Only car
By Spark

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Venza Feb., 2009 so faf we put on over 26000 miles on it . Drove to Fl. twice already from CT. Love the way it handles , no problem so far with it. Good SUV for the money.

Favorite Features

Styling ................................ ........................................ ..........................

Suggested Improvements

Bigger rear view back up montor

Enjoyable
By Battapohpz

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I got a very good deal on our base 2009 Venza, and we are very pleased. Very comfortable seats and interior room. Cargo room is excellent and large adults can sit comfortably in the back. Really like the aggressive styling of the Venza.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, Styling, Venzas are not very common. (yet)

Suggested Improvements

The interior is good, but it could use better plastics and darker seats.

Great alternative to SUV
By jschaefer

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my V6 AWD Venza mainly for the interior room and advertised fuel economy. There's plenty of room in the back seat for adults or a child seat. Plus the trunk area has tons of room for bulky items or a large dog. The downside for all this room are lots of blind spots. The quality of material throughout the Venza is excellent but build quality seems a little below par. My passenger seat rattles when nobody is sitting in it, lots of wind noise from the driver door and excessive road noise on highway. I was disappointed with the AWD during the snow this winter and actually parked my Venza and drove my wife's Subaru. Combined fuel economy for V6 about 18 mpg but still better then many SUV's

Favorite Features

Power tailgate, keyless start, spacious interior

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats, a subwoofer would be nice with the Infinity Audio system

Problems, problems, problems
By Harold

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had the car just 4 months. Been back to the dealer 4 times to get the alarm to stop going off! Dealer at first, didn't believe me. Said I was pushing buttons on the fob. Then it happened to them. Can't drive and leave the car anywhere. Horn goes off all on it's own. Driving neighbors crazy. Dealer does not know what to do