2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews 8

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Great vehicle
By cferl on 12/18/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is great!! It's a car with excellent space, performance, style. I bought it for my wife and she loves it. Have a 3 year old with car seat in the back and it is huge in the rear seat. Also very safe for kids and wife. Nicest riding car I've ever owned. At night the auto high beams and hid lights make for the best night driving experience I've ever had. I found myself saying that quite a bit 'the best'. 20inch wheels are awesome, and the ride does not suffer.

Jekyll and Hyde Impression
By R.Carr on 12/18/09 08:11 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My initial impression and test drives with the '09 Venza were great. But 2-1/2 months and 13,000 later... I wish I could take it back! A lack-luster 23.5 mpg average and 90% of that is Highway and non-aggressive driving techniques. The driver's seating and placement is extremely uncomfortable after only an hour or two of driving (makes me wish I had my Honda Odyssey back). Road Noise at Highway speeds is excessive! You cannot drive with just one hand or the steering starts shaking (maybe the 19" wheels?). Hit a medium-sized dog at 50mph... the front-end fell apart. $3,200 damage!!! Love the Style and Looks of the car, but all other aspects remind of a Yugo.

Just what I wanted
By Fla granny on 12/17/09 18:56 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Saw, researched then traded a 2005 Nissan Murano and love it! Looks great, drives well, responds quickly & takes regular gas. My first Toyota - a good choice.

We like!!!
By Lynn Church on 12/14/09 13:22 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wife's car--had a Honda Civic Sport that was too small for me and she wouldn't drive my Jag. This car drives like the Jag and she is comfortable with it. We took it south, brand new -- put on 5000km's, was impressed with performance--power and handling-- mileage was good. Unique good looks in and out. We think it is the right unit for our needs--we don't have wind noise!

Very satisfied Venza owner
By Jose A. Cabiya on 12/13/09 05:58 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a smaller SUV (owned a Ford Explorer), and was also concerned about rising gas prices. The Venza has met all my expectations. I feel that this vehicle is at the forefront of car technology. Superb acceleration and brakes. Drive feels very good, despite what reviews say. Own a copper-colored version: I've had people stop me at gas stations to ask me about the car, and to congratulate me, specially about the color. I feel proud driving this car. Love my 20-inch tires, even though they say they affect the ride and are costly, but they do make the car look good! Passengers express how comfortable this car is. Not a single technical problem so far. Got 30 mpg in highway.

Not for the Road Warrior
By DustyNC on 12/10/09 16:49 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I really thought I liked this car when I test drove it. But after 2 months and 12,000 miles, I'm very disappointed! I'm just under six-foot tall and weigh in at about 215lbs. So...I'm not a little guy, but there are certainly many that are bigger. The biggest fault is the driver's seat. Very uncomfortable! I average about 350 miles per day, or six hours of driving time. In two months time, I find myself needing a doctor's visit. The back of my legs ache terribly after driving this car! I have tried every adjustment possible but cannot get the seat to where it is not causing discomfort and probably restricting blood circulation. DO NOT BUY this CAR if you drive a lot!

Head turner called Venza
By Chris on 12/08/09 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Road noise is more than excessive, computerized fuel consumption display is inaccurate, remote starter limiting engine run for only 5 minutes is senseless: warming up cooling down the car interior requires more than 5 minutes, distance for remote starter is another brainless design: maximum distance to use remote is only 80 feet. Despite all this my black shiny Venza is still great had turner.

An Update
By santa3 on 11/22/09 09:22 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Update at nearly 1 year and 15,000 miles: Still like the Venza but have noted that while not perfect this car still is unique and we like it. Positive comments & questions in parking lots. Had to have windshield replaced due to a stone - took the red truck guys 3 tries to get the right one. Apparently 2 different shapes, depending on options, plus heated/not heated. Hard to spot the wires under the wipers. 3 tries was a charm. Still prefer our '81 Subaru 5 speed manual for snow - seems to leap onto the snow rather than plow through it. Did get used to downshifting with an automatic. Still dislike rim design and how they accumulate snow and ice causing the vehicle to shake at higher speeds.

Looks cheap and feels cheap
By Anjali on 11/18/09 02:33 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

At barely 6 months this vehicle has started to fall apart. Rattles from the air vents and door panel. The ride is awful, feel like I am riding a truck, and the steering feels "spongy". Looks like this was designed by a "cheap" engineer, instead of a chief engineer. With this poorly executed car/van, Toyota has proven that they have a lot of work to do before they can catch up to the quality, at least of ride quality and fit and finish, of rapidly improving Korean cars.

Love my new VENZA!!!
By Dorie on 11/14/09 14:29 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had to replace my 2006 Toyota Sienna that was totaled in a car accident. I didn't really need another van as my children are grown up, but enjoyed the feel of being higher up that a van provided. The Venza was a great compromise between a low car and another van. I love the way it drives and the interior is so roomy!! While gas mileage will not be as good as a 4-cylinder, it is actually a little bit better than my 3.3L V-6 Sienna. I absolutely love the center console and all the room it provides. I really miss having memory seats, turn signal indicators on the side mirrors, and auto-dimming side mirrors as well. Overall, I am very pleased with my new purchase!!