Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

So disappointed and terrified!
By Uilleand

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVED my 2009 Venza until two days ago, when the accelerator stuck. Even in park, the engine revved so high that smoke poured out from my hood until I turned off the ignition. After 40 minutes of blocking traffic because I was too terrified to turn my car on again, the car was towed to a local Toyota dealer. Now, because their technicians are 'unable to reproduce' the incident, they're telling me it's the fault of my car mats and nothing's wrong with the Venza. The recalled Camrys get an 'accelerator override' system that simply cuts the accelerator when the brake is applied. Why can't they do that??

It's roomy, and comfortable. I drove this thing on a 5,500 mile road trip last summer and it was bliss. Strong on the highway, easy to maneuver.

It's been two days of Toyota trying to make me feel like I'm overreacting to the fact that my car freaked out on me. I've driven hundreds of thousands of miles for work in horrible conditions and never been so scared at the wheel before.

Transmission Going bad, and then Some!
By Rcarr

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I've had this car for six months now and I hate it! I'm on the highway between our offices all day long. I drive conservatively. 40,000 miles and I can hardly see out of the windshield due to pitting! The front-end looks like a War Zone from all the rock chips and dents! (my '95 BMW with 140,000 miles shows much less wear). What kind of paint is Toyota using? For the past several weeks, the Transmission Vibrates and Shudders loudly when shifting between gears! Even though it did not do this before, the Techs at Fred Anderson Toyota tells me "it's within Specs"? With the Driver's seat now broken in, it feels like I'm sitting on steel springs!

I hate this car! Wish I could sell it. But with Toyota Car Resale Values Dropping I'd loose thousands $$$

No one the Domestic Auto Manufacturer's are making a Come-Back!

Throttle Suddenly Maximizes at Times
By dlb

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We love everything about our Venza except for one MAJOR problem. Twice now the engine has suddenly surged very SEVERELY and LOUD for about 10 seconds or so. It sounds like it goes from a normal idle to a sudden maxed out, floor-boarded throttle! We had around 3000 mi on it the first time this happened, and then this last time 9200 miles. It's been in park both times its happened, but we're afraid its gonna happen while driving. Toyota checked it over thouroughly and couldn't find anything wrong. The car is perfect outside of this problem. Like I said, we love it, but we sure do regret buying it.

Well balanced, doesn't feel top-heavy. Nice quality car. Well arranged dash. Very easy to get in and out of. Plenty of room for everyone.

Wished we would have gotten the upper level model with remote start and electric tailgate. Its hard to open manually, especially when your hands are full. We sure are anxious and hoping that Toyota will soon discover whats causing the surging and get the thing fixed!

Only car
By Spark

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Venza Feb., 2009 so faf we put on over 26000 miles on it . Drove to Fl. twice already from CT. Love the way it handles , no problem so far with it. Good SUV for the money.

Styling ................................ ........................................ ..........................

Bigger rear view back up montor

Enjoyable
By Battapohpz

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I got a very good deal on our base 2009 Venza, and we are very pleased. Very comfortable seats and interior room. Cargo room is excellent and large adults can sit comfortably in the back. Really like the aggressive styling of the Venza.

Comfortable seats, Styling, Venzas are not very common. (yet)

The interior is good, but it could use better plastics and darker seats.

• SUV