2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
2009 TOYOTA VENZA BLIZZARD WHITE
By VERONICA SACRAMENTO on 01/09/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the new Venza August 2009 after months of research. Previously had a Nissan Van and was looking for a vehicle that would sit up as high but not have the van look. I compared several crossover vehicles and found the new Venza to be the best value. This is a great car inside and out. I compared this to the Acura MDX and Lexus and found I get the same luxury items and reliability for a lot less. During the first month I was surprised how many people commented on how nice my car was and wanted to know what it was, not something I was use to driving a van for over 15 years. I am spoiled with this car it is the perfect size and has great leg room in the back and lots of trunk space.

NOT MY BEST CHOICE
By patsoxfan on 01/08/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my 09 Venza in September, put 3300 miles on it and 4 months later have already traded it in. It's got horrible blind spots, the cloth interior is nothing short of junk and the plastic dash and doors is completely disappointing. The road noise is ridiculous. Toyota didn't seem to put a whole lot of thought into this car. I had a Toyota prior to the Venza and loved it, but I wasn't sad to see this one go. You should head back to the drawing board.

Bad to Buy on Impulse
By R.Carr on 01/06/10 05:42 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I fell in love with the Venza while test-driving a few Camry's. I drove it for a few hours and was thoroughly impressed. But after three months and 17,000 miles, I have come to regret the purchase. 95% of my driving is highway, and I drive very conservatively. I am lucky to average 26 mpg...really expected better from the 4-cyl. Drivers comfort for extended driving is terrible for a 6' guy! The seat is inadequate and there is no room to move in the "Cockpit" style, very restrictive, front. Wind Noise and Road Noise is has become very noticeable. For around town and the short commute, the Venza would be great (except for the noise levels). But for the "on-the-road" crowd...no way!

noise
By endangered on 01/05/10 02:52 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle, very noisy on highway. Toyota needs to solve this problem, if they can't solve the noise will trade for highlander.

Loved it till it snowed...
By Karen on 01/04/10 19:49 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Venza and drive it 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I loved it til the snow came.....it cannot handle hills of any kind with the Bridgestone tires it was sold to me with. The car stopped, slid, fishtailed everywhere. I consider myself a very good driver (never had an accident or ticket for that matter!). I was very disappointed not to mention lost confidence in driving the car in the snow. Thank God I have a Suburban too. I will try again but I need to purchase snow tires instead of the all- season i bought it with. Be careful in the snow...especially if your driving up/down mountains!

you owe it to yourself
By Jim on 01/03/10 18:57 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We are happy with our 2009 Venza. to this point the quality is outstanding. Rides and drives like a vehicle costing 50k. How is it said? You can pay more. But, you won't get more. The only items Toyota should consider is illuminating the homelink buttons along with the window lock button. The leather seats are very nice. However, clothing dye is a problem. It will not come off the leather. The leather seems to be overly susceptible to deterioration through normal wear.Not easy to keep clean or clean. They need to look at the leather stock they are using.

Highly recommend
By Lori on 12/31/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for months for the right car for me. I have always driven an SUV and had no intentions of going smaller. Once I drove the Venza AWD 4cyl - I was in love. I never wanted a 4cyl, but the pick up, is that of a 6cyl. The interior space is as much if not more in comparison to the the GMC Envoy I drove previously. I find the car handles very well. All space on the interior was maximized by the design of the storage. The center console has ample storage. We already own a Toyota Camry, so overall trust the Toyota name. Only 3 months in, but the Venza is living up to the brand. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a car/suv and interested in a crossover!

2009 Aqua Metallic Venza
By freedie on 12/30/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Aqua Metallic Venza on 12-05-09 after researching this vehicle for several months on the internet. I bought the 6 cyl. This vehicle is definitely a head turner. People stare at it and ask what it is. I get a lot of good comments about it. As far as the ride, it is a little rough on bumps, but I think this is due to the 20 inch wheels. The interior is very roomy. Even with my grandson's car seat in the rear seat, we have plenty of room. I just love the heated seats, bluetooth, satellite radio, and all the extras I got with this vehicle. It handles beautifully, sort of sportslike, which I also love.

So far so good
By Bonzoboy on 12/23/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Got the Venza on Black Friday ($26 K). Not all the bells/whistles, but many more than my 2002 Passat. I had back surgery in May, and needed a better ride. Even without the leather, the car is a dream to ride (we are 1/2 way through a cross-country tour). Didn't have a NAV, but for $100, I use a wonderful Garmin. For everyone complaining about the steering...it feels that way because it's electric steering. It's not a German car, so there's little or no "road feel". But that's okay.

Great vehicle
By cferl on 12/18/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is great!! It's a car with excellent space, performance, style. I bought it for my wife and she loves it. Have a 3 year old with car seat in the back and it is huge in the rear seat. Also very safe for kids and wife. Nicest riding car I've ever owned. At night the auto high beams and hid lights make for the best night driving experience I've ever had. I found myself saying that quite a bit 'the best'. 20inch wheels are awesome, and the ride does not suffer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$121 per month*