2009 Toyota Venza Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2009 Venza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Sort Reviews by

Well Thought out Cross over
By Perfect Balance

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Venza almost a year ago replacing a Honda Odyssey and no longer needing a mini van. This vehicle has ample cargo space with a easy fold down back seat, lots of leg room in the back seat, comfy leather bucket front seats, and easy access without the need to bend or jump up into the vehicle. The front windshield allows good visibility and the backup camera is an added feature providing confidence in backing, It is fun to drive and comfortable, easy to maneuver. Mine came with great Michelin tires. Gas mileage is acceptable for a car this size but wished it came as a hybrid, then it would be about perfect! Two tone interior is nice and leather luxurious. A bit pricey, but nice!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, heated front seats, wrap around console with lots of room (big enough for a purse to be stowed!) Hands free cell phone hookup! On slippery roads a few weeks ago handled satisfactorily-can shift down into lower gears as needed. Traction control as well.

Suggested Improvements

Simplified controls for heat/air, modes--too many dials and buttons! Cruise control on steering wheel instead of column is preferred.

2009 TOYOTA VENZA BLIZZARD WHITE
By VERONICA SACRAMENTO

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the new Venza August 2009 after months of research. Previously had a Nissan Van and was looking for a vehicle that would sit up as high but not have the van look. I compared several crossover vehicles and found the new Venza to be the best value. This is a great car inside and out. I compared this to the Acura MDX and Lexus and found I get the same luxury items and reliability for a lot less. During the first month I was surprised how many people commented on how nice my car was and wanted to know what it was, not something I was use to driving a van for over 15 years. I am spoiled with this car it is the perfect size and has great leg room in the back and lots of trunk space.

Favorite Features

Ride and comfort, bluetooth, navigation system, heated seats, auto door and keyless system. Rear view camera, auto back door lift. Look inside and out and value. Luxury without the high price of a Lexus or Acura.

Suggested Improvements

dash material, limited color options for leather interior.

NOT MY BEST CHOICE
By patsoxfan

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my 09 Venza in September, put 3300 miles on it and 4 months later have already traded it in. It's got horrible blind spots, the cloth interior is nothing short of junk and the plastic dash and doors is completely disappointing. The road noise is ridiculous. Toyota didn't seem to put a whole lot of thought into this car. I had a Toyota prior to the Venza and loved it, but I wasn't sad to see this one go. You should head back to the drawing board.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, info screen (though it could be bigger).

Suggested Improvements

Get some quality cloth like the Camry or Sienna (this isn't exactly a cheap car), do something about the wind noise, try some upgraded material on the interior dash (why all plastic????).

Bad to Buy on Impulse
By R.Carr

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I fell in love with the Venza while test-driving a few Camry's. I drove it for a few hours and was thoroughly impressed. But after three months and 17,000 miles, I have come to regret the purchase. 95% of my driving is highway, and I drive very conservatively. I am lucky to average 26 mpg...really expected better from the 4-cyl. Drivers comfort for extended driving is terrible for a 6' guy! The seat is inadequate and there is no room to move in the "Cockpit" style, very restrictive, front. Wind Noise and Road Noise is has become very noticeable. For around town and the short commute, the Venza would be great (except for the noise levels). But for the "on-the-road" crowd...no way!

Favorite Features

Styling and the electronics are great.

Suggested Improvements

For this price point and style of car, the Wind and Tire Noise, and the lack of driver comfort is totally unacceptable! I wish Toyota had a 90-day refund policy.

noise
By endangered

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle, very noisy on highway. Toyota needs to solve this problem, if they can't solve the noise will trade for highlander.

Favorite Features

love everything about the vehicle it's the next wagon

Suggested Improvements

eliminate the wind noise, add memory seats

Loved it till it snowed...
By Karen

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Venza and drive it 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I loved it til the snow came.....it cannot handle hills of any kind with the Bridgestone tires it was sold to me with. The car stopped, slid, fishtailed everywhere. I consider myself a very good driver (never had an accident or ticket for that matter!). I was very disappointed not to mention lost confidence in driving the car in the snow. Thank God I have a Suburban too. I will try again but I need to purchase snow tires instead of the all- season i bought it with. Be careful in the snow...especially if your driving up/down mountains!

Favorite Features

The manual transmission option, the Sirius XM radio, roomier than the Camry.

Suggested Improvements

Need to put better tires on it when a customer buys one!!

you owe it to yourself
By Jim

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We are happy with our 2009 Venza. to this point the quality is outstanding. Rides and drives like a vehicle costing 50k. How is it said? You can pay more. But, you won't get more. The only items Toyota should consider is illuminating the homelink buttons along with the window lock button. The leather seats are very nice. However, clothing dye is a problem. It will not come off the leather. The leather seems to be overly susceptible to deterioration through normal wear.Not easy to keep clean or clean. They need to look at the leather stock they are using.

Favorite Features

Smart Key System

Suggested Improvements

See above

Highly recommend
By Lori

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for months for the right car for me. I have always driven an SUV and had no intentions of going smaller. Once I drove the Venza AWD 4cyl - I was in love. I never wanted a 4cyl, but the pick up, is that of a 6cyl. The interior space is as much if not more in comparison to the the GMC Envoy I drove previously. I find the car handles very well. All space on the interior was maximized by the design of the storage. The center console has ample storage. We already own a Toyota Camry, so overall trust the Toyota name. Only 3 months in, but the Venza is living up to the brand. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for a car/suv and interested in a crossover!

Favorite Features

I love the style of the car as a whole. I love how it drives and how well it does on gas. The storage is fantastic. The back up camera is nice. Love the dual sunroofs. I get compliments on it all the time.

Suggested Improvements

The leather is not the best leather I have seen in a car. I miss having memory seating. The ipod station doesn't hold a Nano that well.

2009 Aqua Metallic Venza
By freedie

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Aqua Metallic Venza on 12-05-09 after researching this vehicle for several months on the internet. I bought the 6 cyl. This vehicle is definitely a head turner. People stare at it and ask what it is. I get a lot of good comments about it. As far as the ride, it is a little rough on bumps, but I think this is due to the 20 inch wheels. The interior is very roomy. Even with my grandson's car seat in the rear seat, we have plenty of room. I just love the heated seats, bluetooth, satellite radio, and all the extras I got with this vehicle. It handles beautifully, sort of sportslike, which I also love.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, heated seats, rear seat room, remote hatch, backup camera, just the look of both the inside and outside of the Venza are beautiful. So far I am very happy to have purchased this vehicle. Also, the ground height is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats, rear air/heat controls.

So far so good
By Bonzoboy

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Got the Venza on Black Friday ($26 K). Not all the bells/whistles, but many more than my 2002 Passat. I had back surgery in May, and needed a better ride. Even without the leather, the car is a dream to ride (we are 1/2 way through a cross-country tour). Didn't have a NAV, but for $100, I use a wonderful Garmin. For everyone complaining about the steering...it feels that way because it's electric steering. It's not a German car, so there's little or no "road feel". But that's okay.

Favorite Features

Roominess, storage, visibility, and hopefully, reliability. And I really like the appearance (and the Blizzard White paint).

Suggested Improvements

Why the silly old key design? The car seems like it was a collage of excess inventory from other platforms (when a door is open, you can't tell which one because it just gives a general "there's a door open" icon). Something odd about the component collection, but so far, I can live with that.