2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Took a chance on 1st yr model No regrets
By Mike MacDonald on 02/03/10 13:40 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 09 Venza V6 FWD in snowy Ottawa and brought it back to Toronto. The dealers here wanted too much. The car performs flawlessly with excellent throttle response from the powerful six. Braking is good for the heft and space is generous. Build quality is standard Toyota ie: far beyond the domestics. The traction and stability control negate the need for AWD so money could be spent on accessories. Head and leg room are just adequate for me and my wife (both 6') and rear seat is huge for the kids. Overall we are very pleased with the Venza and I recommend it highly. Very well priced.

Items that need improving.
By venza on 02/01/10 04:35 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just a few items i find that need improving. Controls for heater/ac. are very distracting to operate while driving. eye contact must be used to find them and this is a safety feature that needs corrected. Seats are very hard and on an extended drive your bottom gets very uncomfortable.

nice, very nice
By john on 01/29/10 13:16 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I would like to see 24mpg avg. i get 22 most of the time, Should have illuminated the garage door opener buttons. The exhaust tip is always full of gravel. I wish Toyota would recognize synthetic lubricants.

Steering
By mudmanfl on 01/26/10 20:53 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about the Venza, except for the steering, It is a very noisy steering with noise coming from the front end and the steering wheel which seems to rub while turning

2009 Venza April 2009
By Stuart on 01/22/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride is harsh, not enough cushion in 20" tires, four warranty repairs- glove box catch broken, rubber molding on roof blew off, headlights adjustment, replace fog light bezel, all within 3700 miles. Not impressed with quality as promoted. Dealership servicing-poor to fair. Telescope/tilt poor design, difficult to adjust and secure, need strong fingers. Not a 6'2" drivers car, hard to get in and out. Htg. & AC controls not easy to use. Would not buy this model again.

The almost perfect car
By Beverly on 01/21/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from several years of driving a mini van, the last one a Honda which I did not like. I was interested in the Venza before it came out. When it finally did, I wasn't disappointed. I wanted a stylish car that had performance, a comfortable ride, a comfortable interior and all the bells and whistles. Navigation, pano roof, blue tooth, sound system, leather etc. The Venza delivers. It is a great car which is wonderful for cargo space or carrying passengers. It has a lot of leg room. Seats are comfortable, has a good ride and it has plenty of power. The only thing lacking is memory seats. Wish the mileage was better but you cannot have performance and great mileage.

Comfy Car
By P. Payton on 01/15/10 18:20 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Venza new 6 mos ago, I enjoy using the car, avg 24-26 mpg. My Venza options are Security Package, Leather Package & JPL surround sound. Carmax in Laurel, MD has this car and we drove 10 hrs round trip to get it for 27,100 + 99 process fee. Back up camera is useful, passenger power seat is great (for lower issues), JPL sound is much better than the standard. 4 cyl. does has more engine sound but we want better mpg. It's still worth it. We don't need AWD because we don't want to drive in the snow. The higher seats works great for lower back issues. Ladies, your pants won't get dirty from getting out of the Venza. We keep our cars for 7-10 yrs, the Venza fits the bill.

Well Thought out Cross over
By Perfect Balance on 01/13/10 21:42 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Venza almost a year ago replacing a Honda Odyssey and no longer needing a mini van. This vehicle has ample cargo space with a easy fold down back seat, lots of leg room in the back seat, comfy leather bucket front seats, and easy access without the need to bend or jump up into the vehicle. The front windshield allows good visibility and the backup camera is an added feature providing confidence in backing, It is fun to drive and comfortable, easy to maneuver. Mine came with great Michelin tires. Gas mileage is acceptable for a car this size but wished it came as a hybrid, then it would be about perfect! Two tone interior is nice and leather luxurious. A bit pricey, but nice!

2009 TOYOTA VENZA BLIZZARD WHITE
By VERONICA SACRAMENTO on 01/09/10 10:37 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the new Venza August 2009 after months of research. Previously had a Nissan Van and was looking for a vehicle that would sit up as high but not have the van look. I compared several crossover vehicles and found the new Venza to be the best value. This is a great car inside and out. I compared this to the Acura MDX and Lexus and found I get the same luxury items and reliability for a lot less. During the first month I was surprised how many people commented on how nice my car was and wanted to know what it was, not something I was use to driving a van for over 15 years. I am spoiled with this car it is the perfect size and has great leg room in the back and lots of trunk space.

NOT MY BEST CHOICE
By patsoxfan on 01/08/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got my 09 Venza in September, put 3300 miles on it and 4 months later have already traded it in. It's got horrible blind spots, the cloth interior is nothing short of junk and the plastic dash and doors is completely disappointing. The road noise is ridiculous. Toyota didn't seem to put a whole lot of thought into this car. I had a Toyota prior to the Venza and loved it, but I wasn't sad to see this one go. You should head back to the drawing board.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in NJ is:

$190 per month*