2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
We Love Our 2009 Venza
By Thom on 02/08/10 17:15 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Happiest my wife has ever been with a car!!!! And, during the recent snow we received, the AWD Venza proved its mettle on snowy and icy roads. It is a very safe vehicle that handled superbly in very adverse driving conditions. It is stylish, roomy, comfortable, and full of quality everywhere you look. We can't wait to take our first road trip in this vehicle. We both enjoy driving it and we really like the way it handles. The leather seats are very comfortable. The stereo is excellent. The controls are driver-friendly and easily accessible. The safety features are excellent. Love the airline style overhead reading lamps for the rear passengers. Love the dual climate control. Outstanding buy!

Should Have Never Signed The Contract
By Stat on 02/06/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There's something I didn't like about it and figured it out 2 days after I bought it. Oh well, now I am stuck with it. It has tight seating in the front row-more generous in the back. The seats give a pushed forward feeling no matter how you adjust them creating tension on your back. No long trips in this! Headrest makes you feel like someone is behind you pushing your head down. Blind spots everywhere. You cannot safely back this car up. When you look out window to talk to a gas station or drivethru person window is not big enough. No headroom. Drivers side door controls do not light up at night can't find them. Don't be deceived. It looks roomy but it isn't. Not a car for kids & stuff

Took a chance on 1st yr model No regrets
By Mike MacDonald on 02/03/10 13:40 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 09 Venza V6 FWD in snowy Ottawa and brought it back to Toronto. The dealers here wanted too much. The car performs flawlessly with excellent throttle response from the powerful six. Braking is good for the heft and space is generous. Build quality is standard Toyota ie: far beyond the domestics. The traction and stability control negate the need for AWD so money could be spent on accessories. Head and leg room are just adequate for me and my wife (both 6') and rear seat is huge for the kids. Overall we are very pleased with the Venza and I recommend it highly. Very well priced.

Items that need improving.
By venza on 02/01/10 04:35 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just a few items i find that need improving. Controls for heater/ac. are very distracting to operate while driving. eye contact must be used to find them and this is a safety feature that needs corrected. Seats are very hard and on an extended drive your bottom gets very uncomfortable.

nice, very nice
By john on 01/29/10 13:16 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I would like to see 24mpg avg. i get 22 most of the time, Should have illuminated the garage door opener buttons. The exhaust tip is always full of gravel. I wish Toyota would recognize synthetic lubricants.

Steering
By mudmanfl on 01/26/10 20:53 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about the Venza, except for the steering, It is a very noisy steering with noise coming from the front end and the steering wheel which seems to rub while turning

2009 Venza April 2009
By Stuart on 01/22/10 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ride is harsh, not enough cushion in 20" tires, four warranty repairs- glove box catch broken, rubber molding on roof blew off, headlights adjustment, replace fog light bezel, all within 3700 miles. Not impressed with quality as promoted. Dealership servicing-poor to fair. Telescope/tilt poor design, difficult to adjust and secure, need strong fingers. Not a 6'2" drivers car, hard to get in and out. Htg. & AC controls not easy to use. Would not buy this model again.

The almost perfect car
By Beverly on 01/21/10 14:11 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming from several years of driving a mini van, the last one a Honda which I did not like. I was interested in the Venza before it came out. When it finally did, I wasn't disappointed. I wanted a stylish car that had performance, a comfortable ride, a comfortable interior and all the bells and whistles. Navigation, pano roof, blue tooth, sound system, leather etc. The Venza delivers. It is a great car which is wonderful for cargo space or carrying passengers. It has a lot of leg room. Seats are comfortable, has a good ride and it has plenty of power. The only thing lacking is memory seats. Wish the mileage was better but you cannot have performance and great mileage.

Comfy Car
By P. Payton on 01/15/10 18:20 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the Venza new 6 mos ago, I enjoy using the car, avg 24-26 mpg. My Venza options are Security Package, Leather Package & JPL surround sound. Carmax in Laurel, MD has this car and we drove 10 hrs round trip to get it for 27,100 + 99 process fee. Back up camera is useful, passenger power seat is great (for lower issues), JPL sound is much better than the standard. 4 cyl. does has more engine sound but we want better mpg. It's still worth it. We don't need AWD because we don't want to drive in the snow. The higher seats works great for lower back issues. Ladies, your pants won't get dirty from getting out of the Venza. We keep our cars for 7-10 yrs, the Venza fits the bill.

Well Thought out Cross over
By Perfect Balance on 01/13/10 21:42 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my Venza almost a year ago replacing a Honda Odyssey and no longer needing a mini van. This vehicle has ample cargo space with a easy fold down back seat, lots of leg room in the back seat, comfy leather bucket front seats, and easy access without the need to bend or jump up into the vehicle. The front windshield allows good visibility and the backup camera is an added feature providing confidence in backing, It is fun to drive and comfortable, easy to maneuver. Mine came with great Michelin tires. Gas mileage is acceptable for a car this size but wished it came as a hybrid, then it would be about perfect! Two tone interior is nice and leather luxurious. A bit pricey, but nice!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$121 per month*