2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
9-Plus Car
By skahikin on 08/21/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

In 13K miles (12K in Houston commute traffic), the 4-cylinder is more than adequate and a fuel saver (27 MPG) from crawl speed to aggressive speeds (5 - 75 mph) in my 9 month ownership. Adjusting to a slower pedal response, it is quite maneuverable with good pickup. As others state, the seats are too sparse for rides above 2-3 hours. Additionally, the ride is less comfortable with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Fortunately, Toyo came out this Spring with Versado CUVs to save those of us with 19" tires with reviews that state the ride is improved with Toyos. Unfortunately, the dashboard glove compartment area is now producing an irritating rattle due either to inadequate fit or sun warping.

Bad venza
By jim on 08/01/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have steering problems with 09 venza Toyota can not repair and I have been told tough! I was told to keep calling the dealer back monthly and if they eventually get the parts they will address it at that time. Toyota has cheated me just like thousands of others. Do not buy Toyota venza unless you want to get cheated.

The Venza
By cec horlick on 07/07/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I really like this car. Its very roomy and rides fairly well. I haven't had any major problems with it in the first year of ownership. I was surprised with the amount of exterior noise from wind and engine. I have a bronze venza and it looks very nice in the sun. Good job with the color options Toyota

New Comfort
By Driver on 07/05/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my '09 Venza 6 weeks ago and have driven it 1550 miles. No trips yet but averaging 24.5 mpg. I have a light foot. My wife is trying to talk me out of it. We both love it. It's dark gray metallic and loaded. I'm a senior with back and neck issues and wanted a vehicle easy to enter and exit. This is it because of its height, and mine. I slip in and out without having to drop down or step up and don't hit my head on the way in. Perfect! The bells and whistles are great as is the leather. Others on my list were Murano, Santa Fe, Edge, GMC Terrain, and used Lexus.

We Love Our Venza
By John & Luanne on 06/30/10 15:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is Great! Love the looks, features, ride, and versatility. We bought the V6 and love the power vs gas mileage. We averaged 22 mpg over the first 7k. The dealership has been a pleasure from the start. "Great Deal"! Very roomy and comfortable interior. The leather is a great option. We use the power tailgate much more than I imagined. Keyless option also a must, we love it! The only complaint we have is the very slow to move front power seat. I am 6', and my wife 5'. Much adjustment necessary when we switch. Memory seats would really help! We looked at other crossovers, and we still believe the Venza is without a doubt the best looking, and best value in its class.

Venza 2,7 L
By ABEMAN on 06/16/10 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We have the Venza about 6 months and now has about 6,000 miles. We got a great price at the dealership. Rare Tropical Blue color makes the car look beautiful and luxurious. Very pleased with the roominess of the interior and the back seat. The drive and handling. The car is very dependable with no problems up to the first oil change. Toyota put a lot of thought into the design. Even at a base model there a lot of features which are standard. More than enough for the casual driver. The longer, I sit in the vehicle the more uncomfortable the seat. I think in time I will put Leather Seats in this car. I plan on keeping for a long time.

Dark Horse and/or Sleeping Beauty!
By annie on 06/07/10 19:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Handling is great, responds well, delightful to drive country roads and highways. Long 8 hour trip, no back issues which normally can be a problem for me. Roomy and well designed interior makes everything easily reached, interior space design is roomier than one would imagine allowing for easy storage and access. Gas mileage is better than rated for which is nice surprise. I couldn't be happier with my choice..it has turned out to be MORE positive than anticipated! A real gem of a car yet to be discovered.

Great Car but strange Cruise Control
By First-Time Toyota Bu on 06/03/10 17:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, this has been a good car. Biggest surprise (and disappointment) was that Cruise Control does not slow car down when set. It only controls speed going uphill and on flat roads. It should not be called Cruise Control, but "Up Hill Flat Road" control. Car accelerates going downhill, increase of speed contingent on slope. I took it to Dealer and they said that's the way Cruise Control works on this car. This makes Cruise Control on long trips worthless. I've previously driven German cars and never had this issue.

Great vehicle
By GRP on 06/02/10 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I are seniors and find our Venza a great car/wagon/etc. It's the golden umber mica paint and we get many compliments of it's look. The drivers seat is not especially comfortable and I see in other reviews that is a common complaint. As the main driver I find it necessary to get out and stretch in an hour or two. Hard on the butt. Ours is not leather, but leather look and affords easy access and egress. Mileage - Overall since new - 27.45 MPG Best mileage -on a trip 37 mpg Worst mileage -in winter "09" 17 mpg

Eye catcher
By Stan on 05/27/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased car used with 8400 miles, just turned 12,000. We love our Venza! So classy and fun to drive. Lots of power with the V-6. Really good gas mileage 19/26. Ride is more sporty than the Lexus, but still comfortable enough for us. The Michelins do make a difference. We decided on the Venza vs another RX Lexus which we loved. Price was a strong consideration. We trust Toyota and think they are getting bad press. It's a keeper for us. A good looking SUV/crossover.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$110 per month*