Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

What Happen to Toyota Quality???
By abrown20

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I got my Venza. I do think it is beautiful and I love the bronze color. However, I have never had a Toyota so poorly made. My Venza is a fully loaded 09 and i had high expectations. Within a year all the rubber seals in the doors, hatch and sunroom had fallen out and been replaced. The warranty just ended and now the sun visors have fallen down. How do sun visors just fall apart??? My last Toyota was 11 years old with orginal visors! The clips that hold the belts in the back have broken. The quality of the detail work should be an embarrassment to Toyota but they have taken no responsibility. Road noise is Horrible and it has always pulled to the right. Just Sad!

Color and Towing Capacity

Fix the noise problems and the steering. Put some quality back in the details. A 35,000 car should not fall apart in two years.

Super loaded Venza 6cyl AWD is awesome, but the AC sucks
By skyke101

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way it looks, inside and out. I love the functionality of it. I REALLY love the power of the V6 with AWD, lots of get up and go!! The JBL Synthesis Stereo System is awesome! Gas mileage is pretty good, I probably average about 22, mostly city driving. The one issue I have with the Venza is the AC. It is almost as if they forgot to include a "high" option for the speed of the AC fan. It gets cold, but does not blow very good at all. I checked 5 other Venzas at the dealership, all models are exactly the same, WEAK AC! Even the new 2012 models. The salesman said that it was geared to older consumers that do not like AC blowing in their face. WHAT? $38000 for a weak AC?

Power, Looks, Comfort (except for the AC which is very lacking), Awesome stereo, backup camera, gas mileage, 20s

It really sucks when I take my grandkids places and they get all red-faced in the back seat because the AC just does not cool the car down! It gets it luke-cool, but not cool enough, especially if you only drive 10 miles, get out and do some shopping, and then drive 5 more miles, get out and do some more shopping.... etc, etc, etc.... My little '97 Honda Civic with 167000 miles on it has an awesome AC!! I have to turn it down because it gets TOO COLD and blows with lots of power!! But, you know what, I would rather be able to turn it down, than NOT BE ABLE TO TURN IT UP!!!!!!! WTF??!!!! Seriously??!!! There is a little meter that represents the "Fan Speed" on the dashboard readout. As you pr

My grown up Toyota
By doodude

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned nothing but Toyotas- a celica, 3 supras, a Tacoma and all have treated me well. I finally decided that I wanted something that was good for longer road trips, could get me to and from ski resorts, haul bikes and sports equipment, and do it reliably. With much consideration of other vehicles, I settled on the Venza and am pleased with the decision after a year and a half of driving it. Comfortable in front or back, easy to load, fantastic in snow, and looks nice. No trips back to the dealer as of yet but I have to say that I'm not pleased with the roughness of the engine. I have the V6 which is not a new design (has been used in the Highlander for years).

Great interior layout. AWD on demand works better than I even hoped. Pop the hatch and pull the handles to release the rear seats and you've got a ton of space to load up. Optional roof rack where I mounted my bike and ski racks is great. Handles reasonably well though you pay the price in ride quality. Gas mileage is pretty good considering AWD, 274HP, and it's a pretty big vehicle. I average 20 and get around 25+ on highway.

Heated mirrors should not be an option. This is the flagship of Toyota "cars," so don't make me get a several thousand dollar package for a minor feature that costs $10 in parts and has no real design complications. Maybe it's just my particular car, but the roughness at idle is far worse than my '91 supra. The wheels look cool and the car handles well given its ride height, but it's a fairly rough ride. Better than an Infinity FX35 but worse than a VW cc. The response time of the manual mode shifting is incredibly slow. I realize it's not a sport vehicle, but that could be tuned better.

Life with a Venza
By bigeandkenna

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After just turning 29000 miles, i felt it is time to reflect. The Venza has proved to be a capable and reliable car over the last 2 1/2 years in our family. We average 20 mpg in mixed use and 26 on the highway. We have taken several trips from NJ to Fla and it is a great road trip car. It has never been back to the dealer with any problems, although there is an open recall on the "stuck fuel pedal" issue. It is easy to get in and out of and the back seat is roomy. The interior is visually appealing but a closer look reviles mismatched seams. The XM radio has poor reception and is difficult to locate stations on the run. All in all this is a typical Toyota- a point A to B appliance.

Power, roominess, reliability, styling

Numb steering, Interior quality, Excessive road noise, Sat radio reception and use, lack of remote hatch release.

Could have been great...
By heymark

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Itís a good looking car with great trunk space that's wider than many SUVs. The 6 cylinder has great acceleration and is fairly nimble when driving around town. Unfortunately, Toyota cut too many costs with this car. The plastic dash and faux wood inserts look cheap and the leather looks like shiny vinyl. The cabin is very loud at high speeds and the low profile of the 20 inch tires lets you feel every bump. Despite 13 JBL speakers, the sound is average. Nav and backup camera work fine, but the screen resolution is very low. At 30k miles, the steering column had to be replaced and at 36k miles, trans is starting to wine.

Visibility, Trunk space, remote liftgate, xenon headlights. Console is nice, however iphone slot is useless. Bronze color. Stereo blue tooth

Improve the materials used in the interior. Reduce the noise in the cabin. 20 inch tires look great, but make for an awful ride. Toyota needs to either improve the quality or lower the price.

• SUV