2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us on
2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)
Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.
Favorite Features
Taller ride than a Camry
Suggested Improvements
Toyota has numerous issues with steering column problems according to the posts within this website at around the 20,000 mileage mark. If the Toyota is a Certified Pre-Owned, Toyota needs to fix that issue at no additional cost to it's owner, and if that Toyota is 1 month out of the Basic Toyota warranty, as mine is, they need to take resposibility for the defective parts and replace it. Toyota is not taking care of their loyal customers. If you are a Toyota owner experiencing these same steering column issues, please notify Toyota: 1-800-331-4331 Toyota Motor Sales USA National Customer Relations 19001 South Western Avenue Department WC-10 Torrance, California 90501
By madashell16
on 07/09/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

I regrettably own a 2009 Venza, at 40,000km, transmission failure, at 50,000km, steering column failure TOYOTA NEVER AGAIN !!!!!