Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Most Helpful|
Super loaded Venza 6cyl AWD is awesome, but the AC sucks
By skyke101

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way it looks, inside and out. I love the functionality of it. I REALLY love the power of the V6 with AWD, lots of get up and go!! The JBL Synthesis Stereo System is awesome! Gas mileage is pretty good, I probably average about 22, mostly city driving. The one issue I have with the Venza is the AC. It is almost as if they forgot to include a "high" option for the speed of the AC fan. It gets cold, but does not blow very good at all. I checked 5 other Venzas at the dealership, all models are exactly the same, WEAK AC! Even the new 2012 models. The salesman said that it was geared to older consumers that do not like AC blowing in their face. WHAT? $38000 for a weak AC?

Favorite Features

Power, Looks, Comfort (except for the AC which is very lacking), Awesome stereo, backup camera, gas mileage, 20s

Suggested Improvements

It really sucks when I take my grandkids places and they get all red-faced in the back seat because the AC just does not cool the car down! It gets it luke-cool, but not cool enough, especially if you only drive 10 miles, get out and do some shopping, and then drive 5 more miles, get out and do some more shopping.... etc, etc, etc.... My little '97 Honda Civic with 167000 miles on it has an awesome AC!! I have to turn it down because it gets TOO COLD and blows with lots of power!! But, you know what, I would rather be able to turn it down, than NOT BE ABLE TO TURN IT UP!!!!!!! WTF??!!!! Seriously??!!! There is a little meter that represents the "Fan Speed" on the dashboard readout. As you pr

Loved it till it snowed...
By Karen

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Venza and drive it 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I loved it til the snow came.....it cannot handle hills of any kind with the Bridgestone tires it was sold to me with. The car stopped, slid, fishtailed everywhere. I consider myself a very good driver (never had an accident or ticket for that matter!). I was very disappointed not to mention lost confidence in driving the car in the snow. Thank God I have a Suburban too. I will try again but I need to purchase snow tires instead of the all- season i bought it with. Be careful in the snow...especially if your driving up/down mountains!

Favorite Features

The manual transmission option, the Sirius XM radio, roomier than the Camry.

Suggested Improvements

Need to put better tires on it when a customer buys one!!

09 Venza, V6 FWD
By Kinkajoo

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We like VENZA a lot and bought one and we like the drive. But the sales guy forced us to buy a flip-down DVD player that too 10.2 Inch screen size to give us $100 off. Now when we flip down the DVD player it completely blocks the rear view mirror causing huge safety concern, Also If cops notice that you may be liable for penalty as well. On top of the safety issue they plugged a wireless-audio DVD player which signals to the existing radio... that's disgusting... you always hear static and the volume is bad. If sales person had given an option of rear-seat two screen DVD player as an option we would have gone for this... that sales guy was not trained to give out options to the customer.

Favorite Features

Spacious Interior, Power fifth door is useful. Please don't buy DVD player from dealer... If you need one buy which is factory installed not dealer installed.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic Steering Wheel not good and when you hold it the steering is not properly finished. Front passenger seat vibrates a lot when it's empty. Steering wheel blocks AC Vents, Car rattles a lot on paved roads. Ride is not fun, rear passenger middle seat is really painful for that passenger to sit on.

quality build?
By john

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had car for 5 days only. Been in shop for defective steering, clunk noise in rear of car over bumps. Rattles everywhere on paved roads. Car has been in shop 3-9-09 and not back yet. High trade in on 2008 rav4 sport but paid full price for car. No deals here! My 08 Avalon is much better and so is my 07 tundra crewmax. The 08 rav4 was super too! Venza? what happened?

Favorite Features

wife likes the color and nav.

Suggested Improvements

needs better quality control at factory.

Bad venza
By jim

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have steering problems with 09 venza Toyota can not repair and I have been told tough! I was told to keep calling the dealer back monthly and if they eventually get the parts they will address it at that time. Toyota has cheated me just like thousands of others. Do not buy Toyota venza unless you want to get cheated.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

The factory needs to be able to repair defects at this time they do not. I have no clue when the steering will be repaired if ever. It's getting worse all the time