2009 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Could have been great...
By heymark on 10/26/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It’s a good looking car with great trunk space that's wider than many SUVs. The 6 cylinder has great acceleration and is fairly nimble when driving around town. Unfortunately, Toyota cut too many costs with this car. The plastic dash and faux wood inserts look cheap and the leather looks like shiny vinyl. The cabin is very loud at high speeds and the low profile of the 20 inch tires lets you feel every bump. Despite 13 JBL speakers, the sound is average. Nav and backup camera work fine, but the screen resolution is very low. At 30k miles, the steering column had to be replaced and at 36k miles, trans is starting to wine.

Toyota Venva Rollover
By bluejaybird on 09/12/11 20:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I were involved in a 65MPH rollover in our 2009 Venza rolled over 3 time per wittnesses i walk way with only a scratch on my elbow my wife came out only 3 stitches on her hand and bruises from the overhead airbags just wanted to say the Venza is a very safe car we ordered a new one

2009 Venza
By gowron67 on 03/30/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased in Nov 2009 and for the most part have loved the vechicle. AWD in the snow and ice on the city streets has been excellent. Transmission did have to be replaced at 16,000 km. Gas milage not great but expected with a V6 and AWD.

Stunned in the Toyota Pre Owned Lot
By lindrith on 02/22/11 10:46 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

After 10 years of Hondas, and with leases running out, my wife and I went shopping. Toyota was very willing to help us. While we had our sights on a 2010 Rav, when my wife saw the 2009 Venza, she got excited about its Lexus quality looks, feel in a 4 cylinder crossover. The car has 16000 miles on it but was practically immaculate. We have driven it in town and on I25, and it drives like a dream. Gas mileage has been creeping up to the 26 mpg level. it has a feel of richness for both appointments and handling. And all those cup holders......a PU driver's dream. CON: Only negative is trying to find the cargo cover. The Toyota cover is over $800! Internet still costs $575. HELLP

Just what I wanted and needed
By Joel on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is perfect for what I was looking for – got rid of my two door sports car and getting ready to start a family. The room of an SUV with the driving characteristics of a sedan. One thing that was important for me was that my wife would be as comfortable driving the vehicle as I was. And she loves driving the Venza, when she’s able to wrestle the keys away from me. We were sold on the V6 with AWD, and we got all the options that the Venza came with and wonder how we ever got along without them. I like that this car drinks regular fuel and I get around 26mpg on the highway and 21mpg around town. Owned the car for over 3 months and still look for excuses to drive it. No regrets.

My 2nd Toyota
By OwnTwoToyotas on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza caught my eye at an airshow and I had to have it. I decided on the 4 cyl model due to cost and economy. I'm not impressed with only 21 mpg and it gets worse when I drive a little harder. I don't like when the trans disengages during engine idle. Quick starts, but the engine needs a moment to wind up when accelerating or passing. The steering is very responsive, but seems to float a little when driving a straight path. The suspension is firm; I can feel the bumps and waves in the road. I did discover small circular scratch marks on the roof shortly after leaving the dealership; it has not been properly fixed.

Awesome car!
By mama on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love this car. I went from a 2005 camry to a 2007 camry to this 2009 venza and there are no words for this car. Pure luxury. Leather seats are well made, dust does not stick to the dash as most cars do. The rear hatch door with a push of a button opens and closes. SAT radio, seat warmers and just so many options that came with it.

Great Value Performance Comfort
By Oscar on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We researched the purchase of our next car for 7 months. Choice was narrowed down to the Honda Crosstour, Ford Edge, Murano, Lexus RX350 and the Venza. The Venza won out for performance,Design,Comfort, and Toyota Quality. The V6 has more power than anyone would need in normal driving. I have a bad back and getting in and out of Venza by far was the most comfort. Looks ahead of it time with 20 inch tires. All in all just a great car for the $$$$$

Very good all-around car
By andjer200 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In addition to being very stylish, the Venza has more than enough space for my family of 4. The fuel economy is impressive considering the size of the engine and the car. I calculate my mpg manually at each fill-up, and i normally get 21-22 mpg doing an almost even mix of city and highway. I recently drove down to Pennsylvania , a 400 mile trip one way, and i got a calculated fuel usage of 28 mpg. This was with the A/C on auto at 78 degrees, 2 adults and 2 kids, plus luggage. On the return trip i got 26 mpg because we did some city driving in NJ and NY. This is a very versatile vehicle - perfect for a small family.

9-Plus Car
By skahikin on 08/21/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

In 13K miles (12K in Houston commute traffic), the 4-cylinder is more than adequate and a fuel saver (27 MPG) from crawl speed to aggressive speeds (5 - 75 mph) in my 9 month ownership. Adjusting to a slower pedal response, it is quite maneuverable with good pickup. As others state, the seats are too sparse for rides above 2-3 hours. Additionally, the ride is less comfortable with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Fortunately, Toyo came out this Spring with Versado CUVs to save those of us with 19" tires with reviews that state the ride is improved with Toyos. Unfortunately, the dashboard glove compartment area is now producing an irritating rattle due either to inadequate fit or sun warping.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza Wagon in VA is:

$110 per month*