Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Venza almost a crossover
By jerrylee1

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for 10k now, and it is pretty comfortable ... it is, as expected, of Toyota quality...AWD functions very well.... but it fails on several styling fronts. MPG is as advertised around 22 mixed.

Favorite Features

like the big screen.... but its too complicated...we have 2 inch thick manual on how to.... wow.... good sound system decent MPG very stable and secure ride good room for a modern wagon (I date back to the road cruisers of the 70's... now that was a wagon.) great moon roof system

Suggested Improvements

1) smart key??? give me a break... call me old fashioned but a key is a key .... lets go back to the $2 key and get rid of these $300 keys. If you want security put a keypad on the dash. 2) the shift knob... butt ugly... I once saw something like this in an old hot rod... actually sticks out too far and is easily bumped out of position..potential hazard. 3) how do we get rid of the tire sensors... too expensive.. thank you uncle sam 4) what happened to the transmission dip stick... and why did we "fix" the oil filter? 5) the body panels could use some styling if for no other reason than to add strength 6) seats need to be more cushy. 7) I struggle to open the lift gate.

Toyota once again comes through
By austin35

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I recently bought a Certified used Toyota Venza 2009 with the 20" tires and rims, privacy glass, roof rack, and special bumper. So far this is a fantastic vehicle and fun to drive also gets great gas mileage. We can easily put our 3 month old in the spacious back seat! Furthermore I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and have plenty of room. The ride is sound. The stability control and all wheel drive feels secure on the road. The 4 cylinder is just a bit loud when you step on the gas, however with the six disc CD player, SAT radio, and MP3 player who cares! Overall I think this is great vehicle for a family that dose not want to buy a dreaded Mini Van.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see this model go hybrid

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

Favorite Features

Taller ride than a Camry

Suggested Improvements

Toyota has numerous issues with steering column problems according to the posts within this website at around the 20,000 mileage mark. If the Toyota is a Certified Pre-Owned, Toyota needs to fix that issue at no additional cost to it's owner, and if that Toyota is 1 month out of the Basic Toyota warranty, as mine is, they need to take resposibility for the defective parts and replace it. Toyota is not taking care of their loyal customers. If you are a Toyota owner experiencing these same steering column issues, please notify Toyota: 1-800-331-4331 Toyota Motor Sales USA National Customer Relations 19001 South Western Avenue Department WC-10 Torrance, California 90501

What Happen to Toyota Quality???
By abrown20

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I got my Venza. I do think it is beautiful and I love the bronze color. However, I have never had a Toyota so poorly made. My Venza is a fully loaded 09 and i had high expectations. Within a year all the rubber seals in the doors, hatch and sunroom had fallen out and been replaced. The warranty just ended and now the sun visors have fallen down. How do sun visors just fall apart??? My last Toyota was 11 years old with orginal visors! The clips that hold the belts in the back have broken. The quality of the detail work should be an embarrassment to Toyota but they have taken no responsibility. Road noise is Horrible and it has always pulled to the right. Just Sad!

Favorite Features

Color and Towing Capacity

Suggested Improvements

Fix the noise problems and the steering. Put some quality back in the details. A 35,000 car should not fall apart in two years.

Super loaded Venza 6cyl AWD is awesome, but the AC sucks
By skyke101

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way it looks, inside and out. I love the functionality of it. I REALLY love the power of the V6 with AWD, lots of get up and go!! The JBL Synthesis Stereo System is awesome! Gas mileage is pretty good, I probably average about 22, mostly city driving. The one issue I have with the Venza is the AC. It is almost as if they forgot to include a "high" option for the speed of the AC fan. It gets cold, but does not blow very good at all. I checked 5 other Venzas at the dealership, all models are exactly the same, WEAK AC! Even the new 2012 models. The salesman said that it was geared to older consumers that do not like AC blowing in their face. WHAT? $38000 for a weak AC?

Favorite Features

Power, Looks, Comfort (except for the AC which is very lacking), Awesome stereo, backup camera, gas mileage, 20s

Suggested Improvements

It really sucks when I take my grandkids places and they get all red-faced in the back seat because the AC just does not cool the car down! It gets it luke-cool, but not cool enough, especially if you only drive 10 miles, get out and do some shopping, and then drive 5 more miles, get out and do some more shopping.... etc, etc, etc.... My little '97 Honda Civic with 167000 miles on it has an awesome AC!! I have to turn it down because it gets TOO COLD and blows with lots of power!! But, you know what, I would rather be able to turn it down, than NOT BE ABLE TO TURN IT UP!!!!!!! WTF??!!!! Seriously??!!! There is a little meter that represents the "Fan Speed" on the dashboard readout. As you pr