2009 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Just Purchased
By TT on 03/28/09 05:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the car for 1 day but want to give my initial impressions and will update later. This car is a good composition of beauty, comfort and fun to drive. The car corners well, there is plenty of room for the driver and passengers. I have the blizzard white and it is much prettier than the blue, green and red that I have seen. I have not seen the other colors. The dealer that I purchased it from was more than fair, very respectful and made the experience fun. I would recommend both the car and the dealer.

Great Car
By Gene on 03/28/09 03:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was shopping to replace my 07 Highlander. The 09 Highlander was simply too big. I saw the Venza and gave it a test drive. It's a great car. The Toyota people know what they are doing. The Venza is well designed, very comfortable, fun to drive, well made, great on gas, and priced well. It's actually a station wagon (remember those?) for modern drivers. Toyota hit a home run. This is a no-brainer.

99% perfect
By Bill on 03/27/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car in December for my wife and we love it. Just finished a 16 hour drive and stepped out feeling great! Most comfortable car I have ever driven (I am 67). It hauls 4 people and golf clubs with no problem. We have the Blizzard Pearl and it really draws the looks and comments.

Great Value
By Mrstacy on 03/24/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Features like Keyless Go, Bluetooth (Stereo and Hands-Free Cellular), Automatic Tailgate, Remote Folding Seat Lever, 20 in wheels, and rear-view camera make this a great value. The ride is nice and sedan-like. The wide stance makes it very stable. The stated fuel economy puts it among the best in its class. The fit and finish is like a Lexus. We've owned BMW, Landrover and this meets or exceeds them both. The legroom could be better in the back, but it is OK. You could spend 60k for all of this and not get as refined a package. The resale should be OK too. This is our first Toyota, so we will see about that.

Toyota Does It Again!
By Stratman on 03/23/09 17:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 Camry SE v-6 to purchase the Venza after my wife saw it and felt it was the hatchback she had been looking for. The Camry, I feel, never got the recognition it deserved for being a true hot rod both in sheer speed and handling while also being quite docile in everyday driving. The Venza is like a Camry wagon with the same drive train, length and same suspension as the SE model. The Venza is well appointed and with a few options added, is really nice. The size of the vehicle is just right for most, the seating is very comfortable, and even the six speaker stereo (which we have) is clean and crisp in sound. Sitting next to my built '77 Cherokee provides quite a contrast.

Uncommon Beauty
By Deborah H on 03/22/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Comfortable and sleek, fun to drive! What I like most about this car is the spacious interior and uncommon looks of exterior design. Also, it drives comfortably and handles nicely. What I don't like about it is that I hear some noise during sudden acceleration, and hard to change lanes and make turns during traffic. Still, I think the VENZA is fantastic car because it drives like Camry and rides high like SUV.

quality build?
By john on 03/21/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had car for 5 days only. Been in shop for defective steering, clunk noise in rear of car over bumps. Rattles everywhere on paved roads. Car has been in shop 3-9-09 and not back yet. High trade in on 2008 rav4 sport but paid full price for car. No deals here! My 08 Avalon is much better and so is my 07 tundra crewmax. The 08 rav4 was super too! Venza? what happened?

Fun ride
By schecky26 on 03/20/09 13:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. I drove it for a 200 mile trip and it drove like a dream. My kids in the back feel miles away from the driver.

Exactly what I wanted
By James on 03/18/09 15:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Have had my venza one week and have enjoyed every mile. Have driven in sunshine and in rain on interstate, back roads and in city. It seems to be a good fit all around. Love the entry and exit convenience. The first couple of tanks of driving gave the expected performance and fuel mileage, at this time I could not think of a change that I would suggest

One of the best vechiles I have ever had
By Sam on 03/14/09 03:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought it in Jan as I was very impressed with the interiors in the Detroit Auto Show. I was shopping for a Lexus but settled for the Venza as I felt that I was not losing too much and it does cost a lot less! Drives very smoothly everything about the vehicle is great. The handling is good. However it seems a little rigid at first.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza Wagon in VA is:

$110 per month*