Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Disappointed!
By Heidi

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving this for only 4 months, I was really disappointed! The extremely large dash started coming apart. I had a constant loud rattling noise coming from the a/c vents on the dash which they replaced and still did not help, plus every time I would go over the slightest bump, the car had really loud squeaking coming from underneath. Well took it to the dealership to get fixed, did not work. A new car should not have those issues at 2800 miles already. Plus it is really loud inside, lots of road noise. Needless to say, traded it in for the new 2010 Buick LaCrosse. Now I am happy! Toyota just does not have the quality construction it once did. Lost it for me.

It was roomy inside, like the auto open on the hatch back.

Better quality, improve road noise issue, change dash to a better quality.

Very happy with new Venza
By mmontella

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 4 cyl. Venza for two weeks now and am very happy. I did a lot of research on vehicles in this class and selected the Venza because it had the best mileage in its class and because of historical Toyota reliability. I test drove both the V6 and V4 and did not notice much of a difference in the way they drove. Everything is within reach and the base vehicle most of the extras included. I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small SUV/crossover vehicle.

Seats are very comfortable and vehicle has tons of room in front as well as rear seats.

Sticker fuel economy was stated at 28 mpg, but have not been able to get better than 26. Still not bad for a vehicle this size.

So far so good!
By Joanne

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I came out of an 07 F-150, so I won't compare apples to oranges. I love the responsive steering. The V6 has quite the pickup, particularly on the highway. It's easy to lose track of how fast you're going, as the drive is very smooth. Love all the gadgets and cubbies for stuff. I have a bad back so seating is important to me. This seat is very comfy and easy to adjust. My son says the back seat is more comfortable than my husband's Lincoln Town Car! Very happy with my new car. (My boss wasn't too happy as I work at a Ford dealership!) Not many of these around yet, so I get lots of looks and questions. Highly recommend this vehicle!

Zippy engine, comfy seats (front and back) smart key feature, JBL stereo rocks! Power rear door, bluetooth phone thing is awesome!

The only things I can think of are maybe adjustable pedals, and a reverse sensor. They offer a visual one w/ the nav system, but I will miss the audible one my truck had (hubby's Lincoln has them too).

Venza Demographic
By MichiganMike1

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are empty nester, baby boomers that wanted easier entry than our former Acura MDX but with creature comforts, decent performance, good reliability, upright seating, cargo capacity for our dogs and stuff and some style. The Venza suited us better than any of the alternatives we tested. We were seduced by a loaded Venza in Blizzard Pearl. The price was still less than our Acura MDX in 2001.

Ease of entry, comfortable and spacious seats, ample cargo and storage space, HID headlights, good JBL audio system with Bluetooth, back-up camera in Navigation screen, sunroof brightens interior and looks good, and uses regular gas.

Would have liked memory for power seats and mirrors, USB connection like 2010 models, Michelin tires standard (far superior to Goodyear RSA which is also OEM), 18 inch wheel as no cost option, better quality dash and door panel materials.

Feels bulky
By discerning

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good room and nice ride but steering uncomfortable, perhaps because of 20" tires. Dash is massive and makes vehicle feel huge and more like an RV. Good cargo room with or without rear seats down. Good pep and fairly agile for size. Been driving a BMW X3 and wanted more cargo room, which this has but handling just doesn't compare, even though ride a bit smoother. Sloped front end makes parking a bit of a challenge in tight spaces until accustomed to it. Feels a bit like driving one of the giant sedans of the 60's.

Roominess, ride. Priced well to compete with SUV market.

Should have memory seats with more adjustments. Dash should be given some design changes to keep it from feeling so massive. Reduce wheel size and tighten steering - feels "bouncy". Since windshield rises high into the roof, should tint more heavily at top, blocking sun can be a challenge.

• SUV