Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

So far so good!
By Joanne

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I came out of an 07 F-150, so I won't compare apples to oranges. I love the responsive steering. The V6 has quite the pickup, particularly on the highway. It's easy to lose track of how fast you're going, as the drive is very smooth. Love all the gadgets and cubbies for stuff. I have a bad back so seating is important to me. This seat is very comfy and easy to adjust. My son says the back seat is more comfortable than my husband's Lincoln Town Car! Very happy with my new car. (My boss wasn't too happy as I work at a Ford dealership!) Not many of these around yet, so I get lots of looks and questions. Highly recommend this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Zippy engine, comfy seats (front and back) smart key feature, JBL stereo rocks! Power rear door, bluetooth phone thing is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

The only things I can think of are maybe adjustable pedals, and a reverse sensor. They offer a visual one w/ the nav system, but I will miss the audible one my truck had (hubby's Lincoln has them too).

Venza Demographic
By MichiganMike1

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We are empty nester, baby boomers that wanted easier entry than our former Acura MDX but with creature comforts, decent performance, good reliability, upright seating, cargo capacity for our dogs and stuff and some style. The Venza suited us better than any of the alternatives we tested. We were seduced by a loaded Venza in Blizzard Pearl. The price was still less than our Acura MDX in 2001.

Favorite Features

Ease of entry, comfortable and spacious seats, ample cargo and storage space, HID headlights, good JBL audio system with Bluetooth, back-up camera in Navigation screen, sunroof brightens interior and looks good, and uses regular gas.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked memory for power seats and mirrors, USB connection like 2010 models, Michelin tires standard (far superior to Goodyear RSA which is also OEM), 18 inch wheel as no cost option, better quality dash and door panel materials.

Feels bulky
By discerning

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good room and nice ride but steering uncomfortable, perhaps because of 20" tires. Dash is massive and makes vehicle feel huge and more like an RV. Good cargo room with or without rear seats down. Good pep and fairly agile for size. Been driving a BMW X3 and wanted more cargo room, which this has but handling just doesn't compare, even though ride a bit smoother. Sloped front end makes parking a bit of a challenge in tight spaces until accustomed to it. Feels a bit like driving one of the giant sedans of the 60's.

Favorite Features

Roominess, ride. Priced well to compete with SUV market.

Suggested Improvements

Should have memory seats with more adjustments. Dash should be given some design changes to keep it from feeling so massive. Reduce wheel size and tighten steering - feels "bouncy". Since windshield rises high into the roof, should tint more heavily at top, blocking sun can be a challenge.

Love My Venza
By pland

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Went to the dealership looking for a Highlander (same size as a Highlander). When we drove the Venza fell in love with it! We were impressed by the smooth drive of the car and the pick up on acceleration. My husband loved it at first sight. Love the comfort and room.

Favorite Features

Everything! XM radio!

Suggested Improvements

Memory driver seats and mirrors. Replace the plastic areas with more leather.

Our Venza has been above expectations
By petemo

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to buy a Venza after renting a Camry in California. We wanted a car that was SUV-like, but more of a sedan interior. We have a Honda Pilot which we both like very much, and we thought the Venza would give us sedan characteristics with some SUV features. We were right in making the decision to buy the Venza. It has exceeded our expectations. We love the ride and handling. The mileage on two trips has been between 26 and 30 mpg. It is extremely comfortable for both my wife and I. I'm 6'4" and she's 5'2'. We both fit the car nicely. We chose the sunroof option and I have no problem with headroom. The V6 has way more zip than the 4 cyl that we test drove.

Favorite Features

Our faves are the acceleration. The great handling on curvy roads. The auto tailgate has been very handy while shopping and traveling. Plenty of space to pack items for a long trip. The nav system is one of our favorite features. Satellite radio with traffic warnings works well too.

Suggested Improvements

My wife wondered immediately on seeing the car and price, where is the auto seat adjust? That was the only feature we thought was missing.