2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
The Venza is a Great vehicle & Practical
By deepsouth on 04/14/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Venza is very fun, comfortable and easy to drive. Long trips the Venza rides smooth. V6 has great pick up. Coming off a V8 Sequioa. The Venza gets lots of looks.

The rootbeer did me in
By yote ohio on 04/14/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Previously owned a 2005 Camry. Hard to give up 32 mpg, but fell in love with the root beer colored Venza. Have driven it 1000 miles now 50/50 Highway/City Avg Mpg is 27. The key is to keep the rpms below 2000 as much as possible.

Heed my advice, Do NOT, get a Toyota!
By David on 04/13/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my TRUSTWORTHY Ford Escape for this....and coughed up a good amount of cash. They asked for 34,000 Dollars, for a Toyota....but, this is with the V6 and highest Luxury trims....Well, it was not better build quality than by Ford Escape.....which was on 05. It drove like a Camry......boring, and looks horrible. Also, I noticed, it took much of its styling from the Ford Edge, which I would recommend over this vehicle. The car rattles on paved roads. Navigation is sluggish, like Windows XP, and the entire car is lackluster. Thank god for the high resale, I am getting a FORD!

Time To Downsize
By SuperMom on 04/08/09 04:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving large SUVs and minivans for the past 15 years, it was time to downsize. I still need a vehicle with plenty of cargo room because I do the purchasing for my husband's business, but was ready for something smaller, sportier (without compromising on luxury features), and big enough to comfortably seat our entire family of 5 when the 3 kids are home from college. The Venza has met all of my needs and has been a great car! I also considered Lexus and Acura crossovers (both were much more expensive, and the Venza had more features that I actually wanted) as well as the Highlander, but the superior second row seating and gas mileage of the Venza made it the clear choice for me.

A wonderful step-down from mini-vans
By retired teacher on 04/07/09 07:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my new Toyota off the dealership in mid-January and have been loving my choice! Great acceleration-smooth driving on interstate-comfort all the way! I personally love the fact that there is no 3rd seat- after 4 mini-vans, I now feel like I'm driving a Lexus-for a lot less! It even looks similar to the Lexus-I love the low to the ground entry-exit-my Venza is fully loaded- the only negative is the fuel efficiency-but I love the fact that I have more room than the more fuel efficient Prius. It was worth the wait! I test drove Honda CR_V, Subaru Tribeca and the Nissan Murano.

I love the venza!! (:>)
By Cathy on 04/06/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Venza and would recommend it to everyone. My husband and I just came from a 200 mile trip and it was great!! The weather was BAD --but the Venza didn't mind it at all, no problems and the navagations was sooo very helpful, over all I have a lot of faith in the Venza. I only have it for 1 and half months. I can't think it would give me any problems. In the next 6 months I will let you know if I have any problems --I have a lot of faith in it and don't think I will.

White Rider
By TT on 04/05/09 05:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car a little over a week and I couldn't be more pleased. Last year I bought a Honda Accord EX-L that I could not sell fast enough. Before the Honda I had a SAAB for 9 years that I loved. Since SAAB wagon was out of the question this time I looked for a wagon to replace it. The only thing available last year was too big for me. This crossover is perfect. The drive, the JBL, the Panoramic Roof, and over all comfort. The driver and passenger seating is roomy. I have all the features on the car except the NAV. and DVD. I have enjoyed all the features. The brakes are stiff but that is better than too sensitive. I am looking forward to low maintenance unlike the SAAB.

SRS Warning Lights
By clbfsb on 04/04/09 14:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car(new) 1 day and the SRS warning lights went off and they continue to go off intermittently. 5 days after purchase, along with the SRS light, the VSC(skid) lights are appearing. 6 days after purchase, the dealer doesn't know what to do and I am asked to bring the car back for an undisclosed amount of time. They will provide a loaner. I read the Tundra complaints on this and they are the same. The lights were not on when I took it back for service and they said they couldn't do anything for me unless they saw the lights. After turning the car on&off 100+ times, they saw the light and have the code (s). We will see what they do/say but so far, I am not happy. Will post update.

Unbelievable Vehicle!
By Dave on 04/01/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my new Venza in January from Jerry's Toyota in Baltimore, and have loved it from the beginning! The ride, handling and exterior styling is great! Drives like a Lexus (traded in a RX300).

An OK crossover
By Decent but not great on 03/28/09 20:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Smooth if no bumps on the road. But you can feel the bumps. It is not luxious, but comfortable enough. The seat is a little hard (nylon seat). It is not as comfortable as my old camry. The seats are definitely big. Definitely roomy. Good exterior and interior design. The plastic material inside is cheap. Decent mpg for a large car. Mine is 4 cylinder and the computer read out is 24.7 mpg, not sure how accurate it is. 4 cylinder is not that powerful, but good enough for daily commute. Passanger seats and backseats are very roomy and comfortable. It took me a while to get used to different control knots in the front panel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$110 per month*