Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Very good
By starpalms

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Love my venza. Stylish looks, roomy interiors and feels very solid. Was fearful that 19 inch tires will be bumpy, but after a few months don't feel that much. Highway driving smooth, love the heated seats and plenty of spaces to store small things like phones, ipods, purse, etc. Rear seat room is awesome, driving my friends they said feels like a limo at the back. Rear backup camera is very helpful, don't know how I lived without that with my previous cars. However I have the I4 FWD and city gas mileage is ~20. Expected a bit better. Highway mileage is ~30. Overall a good buy looking for something bigger than a car, but not a gas guzzler SUV.

Roominess, bluetooth, packs a lot in the trunk, backup camera

City gas mileage, ipod controls, mirrors/sensors for lane changes

Toyota #4
By Wenatchee Bill

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

83 Supra, 91 Previa, 01 Sienna and now the Venza. All purchased new and all (less the Venza) driven at least 135,000 miles. The Venza is primarily for my wife. She loves it, cares for it meticulously, and allows me to drive it once a week or so. She feels the Silver color is thin, ie: anything that touches the body leaves a mark. The road noise (4000 miles) is worse than our Sienna. Probably related to 20 inch wheels w/lo profile tires. This is probably our last new car purchase. I hope when the Venza is 8 or 9 years old and has 100,000+ miles that we will have enjoyed as we have our previous Toyotas.

Bluetooth, back up camera, nav system, sat radio and room in the rear.

Rewrite the manual for the Bluetooth, radio, and Nav system. It took awhile but we finally got it. Older folks are not as hi-tech minded as the manufacturer might think.

Best value in its class
By ValueWonk

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Venza is perfect for our current needs and has been a joy to drive in both city and rural/mountain driving. With two of three teenagers in college we no longer needed 7 seats and traded in a Honda Odyssey which we loved. But the Venza is a more luxurious car and we like the security of AWD along with all the safety features. Fit and finish are great, reliability has been perfect in the first 7000 miles. Backup camera as part of the navigation package is very helpful. Backup on its own has too small a display. Teenagers love the sound system and the MP3 plug and play capability. Looked at the Lexus RX350 but the Venza is virtually identical and is $8,000 less.

This is an excellent value given all the features and Toyota quality. Delivered price for AWD and virtually every option save the rear seat entertainment system, was $33,500. Very pleased with the combination NAV and backup camera, climate control, sound system, handling, fit and finish.

Had to buy the moonroof, which I didn't want, to get the NAV system. Turn signals on wing mirrors would be a nice safety enhancement, HID lights as an option.

Disappointed!
By Heidi

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving this for only 4 months, I was really disappointed! The extremely large dash started coming apart. I had a constant loud rattling noise coming from the a/c vents on the dash which they replaced and still did not help, plus every time I would go over the slightest bump, the car had really loud squeaking coming from underneath. Well took it to the dealership to get fixed, did not work. A new car should not have those issues at 2800 miles already. Plus it is really loud inside, lots of road noise. Needless to say, traded it in for the new 2010 Buick LaCrosse. Now I am happy! Toyota just does not have the quality construction it once did. Lost it for me.

It was roomy inside, like the auto open on the hatch back.

Better quality, improve road noise issue, change dash to a better quality.

Very happy with new Venza
By mmontella

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 4 cyl. Venza for two weeks now and am very happy. I did a lot of research on vehicles in this class and selected the Venza because it had the best mileage in its class and because of historical Toyota reliability. I test drove both the V6 and V4 and did not notice much of a difference in the way they drove. Everything is within reach and the base vehicle most of the extras included. I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small SUV/crossover vehicle.

Seats are very comfortable and vehicle has tons of room in front as well as rear seats.

Sticker fuel economy was stated at 28 mpg, but have not been able to get better than 26. Still not bad for a vehicle this size.