2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
6 weeks and 1000 miles
By spencer327 on 05/13/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just turned 1000 miles. 29 mpg on the hwy, 19 around town, lots of room, comfortable seats. Ride was hard with the 20 inchers until I checked the tires(42lbs) Bled to 34lbs. Ride much improved. Great road car, can't wait to take extended trip. The almost perfect car/suv? for me!

Beats Cadillac all to heck!!
By Craig on 05/11/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Living in an isolated area we put a lot of miles on every time we hit the road, and hit the road is every bit as comfortable in our new Venza as the Cadillac DTS we were driving. Better mileage, excellent view for drivers that like to sit a little higher on the road. The comfort of seats was equal to a Lincoln we tried out before buying the Venza. Just a great vehicle, but probably built for four adults. The electric steering handles like nothing else on rain soaked gravel roads, no pulling or floating to the side.

Oh what a feeling!!!
By todd on 05/09/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Finally got my wife out of her Passat, and into a Toyota... I am on my 4th Tacoma crew cab. Absolutely love them. The venza is a hoot to drive, and everyone wants to know what it is. There is room for my 2 teenage daughters, and the border collie. I couldn't think of a better mother's day gift, than to get her to go to the Toyota side! The styling is great, and it is very utilitarian. Has all the bells and whistles, and shouldn't cost me $20k to get away from after 4 years, like the VW... I love it!

09 Venza, V6 FWD
By Kinkajoo on 05/07/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We like VENZA a lot and bought one and we like the drive. But the sales guy forced us to buy a flip-down DVD player that too 10.2 Inch screen size to give us $100 off. Now when we flip down the DVD player it completely blocks the rear view mirror causing huge safety concern, Also If cops notice that you may be liable for penalty as well. On top of the safety issue they plugged a wireless-audio DVD player which signals to the existing radio... that's disgusting... you always hear static and the volume is bad. If sales person had given an option of rear-seat two screen DVD player as an option we would have gone for this... that sales guy was not trained to give out options to the customer.

Great Ride
By MomandPopCar on 05/04/09 20:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We did a lot of research on the Venza before buying it. The Pros far out weigh the Cons. We have owned a Ford Edge, which drives like a truck. The Venza drives like a luxury car. We drove both the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl Venza. The 6 cyl has better performance and had a better response time. The engine on the 6 cy is a lot quieter than the 4 cyl. We ordered our Aloe Green model with leather and without the Nav. Our Garman does the trick, we can take it with us when leave the car, and we can update the GPS on our computer.

Enoy my Venza!
By StLouisR on 05/04/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoy driving my Venza! Have over 1,000 miles now. Don't understand negative comments as mine is great. Looked at Nissan Murano (premium fuel), 09 Highlander (had an 03, but 09 too large now) before deciding. Easy in and out.

Venza is a Class Act
By Susan Semegran on 05/02/09 00:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been in my Venza for a month and I love it. It's beautiful and the ride is powerful and smooth. Interior appointments are easy to use and very classy. Interior has a lot of room in the front and in the back seat. Lots of storage room. Who needs an SUV. The Venza does it all. Toyota does it again. I had my Rav4 for 8 years and loved it. Now I've gone the next step up with the Venza.

Luv It!
By Luv it! on 04/30/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was interested in the Venza prior to its availability. The Venza does not disappoint. A Driver of mini vans for several years, I was looking for a change. The Venza is a sleek design with a good performance. It has a very roomy interior and convenient rear seats that folds down at the touch of a lever for plenty of cargo space. With all the bells and whistles, Nav, Blue tooth, JBL stereo, Dual pano roof, this car is not cheap @ $35K, but it is cheaper than a lot of others that are in its class.

Just perfect...
By DoMaNeRoIs on 04/19/09 12:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband & I love our Venza. Roomy, great looking and drives beautifully. I don't understand all the negative comments about the wheel size, they look great on this car and fill the wheel wells nicely. The ride is comfortable even here in the northeast where the roads are the worst. I would also like to add that it's nice to be one of few to own one of these, you don't see yourself coming and going on the roads(I suppose once Toyota begins leasing them that'll all change). We're loving every single moment we cruise in this baby!!

The Venza is a Great vehicle & Practical
By deepsouth on 04/14/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Venza is very fun, comfortable and easy to drive. Long trips the Venza rides smooth. V6 has great pick up. Coming off a V8 Sequioa. The Venza gets lots of looks.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in NJ is:

$190 per month*