Used 2009 Toyota Venza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Looks cheap and feels cheap
By Anjali

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

At barely 6 months this vehicle has started to fall apart. Rattles from the air vents and door panel. The ride is awful, feel like I am riding a truck, and the steering feels "spongy". Looks like this was designed by a "cheap" engineer, instead of a chief engineer. With this poorly executed car/van, Toyota has proven that they have a lot of work to do before they can catch up to the quality, at least of ride quality and fit and finish, of rapidly improving Korean cars.

One good thing I can say about this car is that the engine runs smooth.

Power steering, fit and finish, interior materials. Overall design.

Love my new VENZA!!!
By Dorie

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had to replace my 2006 Toyota Sienna that was totaled in a car accident. I didn't really need another van as my children are grown up, but enjoyed the feel of being higher up that a van provided. The Venza was a great compromise between a low car and another van. I love the way it drives and the interior is so roomy!! While gas mileage will not be as good as a 4-cylinder, it is actually a little bit better than my 3.3L V-6 Sienna. I absolutely love the center console and all the room it provides. I really miss having memory seats, turn signal indicators on the side mirrors, and auto-dimming side mirrors as well. Overall, I am very pleased with my new purchase!!

Center console, sporty look, and roomy interior.

Memory seats and auto dimming outside mirrors.

Disappointed first time Toyota owner
By Disappointed Owner

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I first saw the Venza I just had to have one, I really like the look of it. I've had it not quite 3 months and am very disappointed, I have loud wind noise that drives me absolutely crazy. I work around a lot of noise so when I get in I don't like to have to have the radio on, but it's the only thing that will drown out the noise. I've taken to the dealer three times and their best response is, all we can tell after driving yours and another new one on the lot, the wind noise is inherent to the Venza, to me this is unacceptable in a brand new vehicle. And here I thought I was spoiling myself by buying it. After yrs of owning a Honda, I bought this. Big message, going back to a Honda.

xm radio

definitely wind noise that is supposedly coming from the rearview mirrors (what I've been told anyways), more comfortable seating

Unexciting Niche Vehicle That Works
By MarkM.

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in an 06 Subaru Outback that was a fine car, that had uncomfortable front seats for aging baby boomer backs. Researched crossovers for 4 months (Q5, CX9, Equinox, 2010 Outback, RX350, Santa Fe, Acadia, Highlander). Found the Venza to be the best overall choice for seat comfort, V6 response/MPG, cargo space, value, and Toyota reliability. Have driven about 700 mi. So far-have gotten what I thought-[A Crossover Compromise] of Comfy seats, vague "Bouncy" steering feel, rough ride over bumps thanks to the (no choice) 20" wheels, 24.6 average combined MPG, smooth V6 powertrain, useless small display backup camera with no NAV, and average interior material quality with inferior dash construction.

Unusual Golden Umber color. Once adjusted correctly-leather seat comfort is excellent, Homelink, JBL Audio, Bluetooth, and Convenience pkg. are nice. Center console layout and cargo capacities are very usable. Toyota/Lexus reliability for a fair TMV price compared to other similar crossovers.

Steering feel is like a 10 year old GM cruiser, offer 18" wheels for better ride and lower replacement cost. Upgrade dash with better quality materials and less seams. Update Bluetooth to at least V2.0, and offer some blindside side mirror warning/assist with turn light indication.

Bad Steering
By Andy

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pulls left or right when using brakes. Service Department says this is normal. They say they can't find anything wrong so they say this is normal.

• SUV