Used 2009 Toyota Venza Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Better than expected
By mjwilli1

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new in 2009, I have a 4 cyl, with the towing package. That was the best investment I made. I have moved three times and can tow any trailer form Uhaul. No maintenance issue to date, but have replaced the tires once. They are expensive. The gas is not that great (Ave 25 MPG) especially when you tow (average MPG) but it runs great. 61,000 miles as of 12/2014. A/C is OK, not great. No complaints from passengers. Plenty of room in the back even for tall people. Back seats come down so I can haul almost anything a typical homeowner needs. Overall - Excellent!

Favorite Features

Towing package, and stereo

Suggested Improvements

Noisy when on highway.

Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

Favorite Features

smooth ride, luxury feel air conditioning very cold separate temp controls

Suggested Improvements

a sunroof as a standard option

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

Favorite Features

Taller ride than a Camry

Suggested Improvements

Toyota has numerous issues with steering column problems according to the posts within this website at around the 20,000 mileage mark. If the Toyota is a Certified Pre-Owned, Toyota needs to fix that issue at no additional cost to it's owner, and if that Toyota is 1 month out of the Basic Toyota warranty, as mine is, they need to take resposibility for the defective parts and replace it. Toyota is not taking care of their loyal customers. If you are a Toyota owner experiencing these same steering column issues, please notify Toyota: 1-800-331-4331 Toyota Motor Sales USA National Customer Relations 19001 South Western Avenue Department WC-10 Torrance, California 90501

Stunned in the Toyota Pre Owned Lot
By lindrith

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

After 10 years of Hondas, and with leases running out, my wife and I went shopping. Toyota was very willing to help us. While we had our sights on a 2010 Rav, when my wife saw the 2009 Venza, she got excited about its Lexus quality looks, feel in a 4 cylinder crossover. The car has 16000 miles on it but was practically immaculate. We have driven it in town and on I25, and it drives like a dream. Gas mileage has been creeping up to the 26 mpg level. it has a feel of richness for both appointments and handling. And all those cup holders......a PU driver's dream. CON: Only negative is trying to find the cargo cover. The Toyota cover is over $800! Internet still costs $575. HELLP

Favorite Features

Set up inside is very comfortable. My wife has back problems, so the clearance and seat height adjustments are a definite PLUS. Handles very sweetly. Hands free phone is very nice. Overall quality shows.

Suggested Improvements

Make a less expensive cargo cover...pleeeeease.

My 2nd Toyota
By OwnTwoToyotas

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza caught my eye at an airshow and I had to have it. I decided on the 4 cyl model due to cost and economy. I'm not impressed with only 21 mpg and it gets worse when I drive a little harder. I don't like when the trans disengages during engine idle. Quick starts, but the engine needs a moment to wind up when accelerating or passing. The steering is very responsive, but seems to float a little when driving a straight path. The suspension is firm; I can feel the bumps and waves in the road. I did discover small circular scratch marks on the roof shortly after leaving the dealership; it has not been properly fixed.

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior looks. Many features standard. Comfort and roominess. Fit and finish. Extra storage with the rear seats folded down.

Suggested Improvements

Read my review. Toyota should offer, at no cost, an extended warranty on new model releases; owners of new models are going to get stuck with problems when the warranty expires.