2009 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Better than expected
By mjwilli1 on 12/10/14 20:37 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new in 2009, I have a 4 cyl, with the towing package. That was the best investment I made. I have moved three times and can tow any trailer form Uhaul. No maintenance issue to date, but have replaced the tires once. They are expensive. The gas is not that great (Ave 25 MPG) especially when you tow (average MPG) but it runs great. 61,000 miles as of 12/2014. A/C is OK, not great. No complaints from passengers. Plenty of room in the back even for tall people. Back seats come down so I can haul almost anything a typical homeowner needs. Overall - Excellent!

2009 Toyota Venza Issues after 3 years
By skyke101 on 07/14/14 07:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Toyota Venza in '11 with 32K miles on it.... It's a fully loaded V6 AWD, everything except the DVD screen. I wrote a review a couple years ago, here is the updated version... The drive is great, power and get up-n-go are awesome. Gas mileage is not the greatest, about 20-21mpg mostly city driving, but it's got almost as much room as a much larger SUV. Love the 20 inch wheels, hate buying tires for them. $1600 for 4 Michelins. Have replaced the sun visors twice now on the driver side and once on the passenger side. I've read that I'm not the only one that has problems with the sun visors. The road noise is terrible at speeds above 50m mph. It sounds as if I'm driving with

Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie on 04/26/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

Love my Venza!!
By lal_clt on 01/02/14 13:41 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 FWD 6-Cyl Venza in May, 2009. I now have 81,000+ miles on it and have only had one minor problem in the last 4.5 years! It is the best car I have ever owned and I love everything about it. I think it's the best kept secret on the market. I recently bought a vacation condo near the beach and was able to transport all of my odds and ends - chairs, headboard, kitchen table, etc in my car at various times because there is so much cargo room. I'll probable replace my car at the end of 2014 and it will be another Venza!

sorry I purchased this car
By merrel on 09/26/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

27,000 miles, 4 years old, steering column shot and very noisy. Toyota was $1750 to replace this. My next Toyota will be a Honda.

Venza almost a crossover
By jerrylee1 on 06/03/13 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for 10k now, and it is pretty comfortable ... it is, as expected, of Toyota quality...AWD functions very well.... but it fails on several styling fronts. MPG is as advertised around 22 mixed.

Toyota once again comes through
By austin35 on 02/27/13 04:14 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I recently bought a Certified used Toyota Venza 2009 with the 20" tires and rims, privacy glass, roof rack, and special bumper. So far this is a fantastic vehicle and fun to drive also gets great gas mileage. We can easily put our 3 month old in the spacious back seat! Furthermore I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and have plenty of room. The ride is sound. The stability control and all wheel drive feels secure on the road. The 4 cylinder is just a bit loud when you step on the gas, however with the six disc CD player, SAT radio, and MP3 player who cares! Overall I think this is great vehicle for a family that dose not want to buy a dreaded Mini Van.

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us on 08/05/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

What Happen to Toyota Quality???
By abrown20 on 07/19/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I got my Venza. I do think it is beautiful and I love the bronze color. However, I have never had a Toyota so poorly made. My Venza is a fully loaded 09 and i had high expectations. Within a year all the rubber seals in the doors, hatch and sunroom had fallen out and been replaced. The warranty just ended and now the sun visors have fallen down. How do sun visors just fall apart??? My last Toyota was 11 years old with orginal visors! The clips that hold the belts in the back have broken. The quality of the detail work should be an embarrassment to Toyota but they have taken no responsibility. Road noise is Horrible and it has always pulled to the right. Just Sad!

Super loaded Venza 6cyl AWD is awesome, but the AC sucks
By skyke101 on 04/20/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way it looks, inside and out. I love the functionality of it. I REALLY love the power of the V6 with AWD, lots of get up and go!! The JBL Synthesis Stereo System is awesome! Gas mileage is pretty good, I probably average about 22, mostly city driving. The one issue I have with the Venza is the AC. It is almost as if they forgot to include a "high" option for the speed of the AC fan. It gets cold, but does not blow very good at all. I checked 5 other Venzas at the dealership, all models are exactly the same, WEAK AC! Even the new 2012 models. The salesman said that it was geared to older consumers that do not like AC blowing in their face. WHAT? $38000 for a weak AC?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza Wagon in VA is:

$121 per month*