Used 2009 Toyota Venza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:

Better than expected
By mjwilli1

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new in 2009, I have a 4 cyl, with the towing package. That was the best investment I made. I have moved three times and can tow any trailer form Uhaul. No maintenance issue to date, but have replaced the tires once. They are expensive. The gas is not that great (Ave 25 MPG) especially when you tow (average MPG) but it runs great. 61,000 miles as of 12/2014. A/C is OK, not great. No complaints from passengers. Plenty of room in the back even for tall people. Back seats come down so I can haul almost anything a typical homeowner needs. Overall - Excellent!

Towing package, and stereo

Noisy when on highway.

2009 Toyota Venza Issues after 3 years
By skyke101

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Toyota Venza in '11 with 32K miles on it.... It's a fully loaded V6 AWD, everything except the DVD screen. I wrote a review a couple years ago, here is the updated version... The drive is great, power and get up-n-go are awesome. Gas mileage is not the greatest, about 20-21mpg mostly city driving, but it's got almost as much room as a much larger SUV. Love the 20 inch wheels, hate buying tires for them. $1600 for 4 Michelins. Have replaced the sun visors twice now on the driver side and once on the passenger side. I've read that I'm not the only one that has problems with the sun visors. The road noise is terrible at speeds above 50m mph. It sounds as if I'm driving with

a window open. I've checked all the rubber, they don't seem to be coming out of place or anything. The AC SUCKS! The salesguy at the local Toyota shop said the reason it is so weak is because the car is geared to older drivers who don't like to be blown out by their AC. ?? Whatever, just another lie from a salesman. It gets cold, just doesn't blow like you would think. Neither do any of the others ones on the car lot, I checked them all, none of them blow good. Other than those three things, I love the car and would get another one if they fix those issues.

Fix the above-mentioned complaints.

Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

smooth ride, luxury feel air conditioning very cold separate temp controls

a sunroof as a standard option

Love my Venza!!
By lal_clt

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 FWD 6-Cyl Venza in May, 2009. I now have 81,000+ miles on it and have only had one minor problem in the last 4.5 years! It is the best car I have ever owned and I love everything about it. I think it's the best kept secret on the market. I recently bought a vacation condo near the beach and was able to transport all of my odds and ends - chairs, headboard, kitchen table, etc in my car at various times because there is so much cargo room. I'll probable replace my car at the end of 2014 and it will be another Venza!

Favorite features - power liftgate, smart key, cargo room, just the right height for easy entrance and egress, 20" wheels, storage console, heated seats, climate control, 6 cyl engine.

The rubber floor mats wore out pretty quickly but I replaced them with Weather-Tech; the information screen is pretty small in the 2009 but that's been rectified in the newer models; wind noise seems to be an issue in many cars these days, including the Venza at high speeds.

sorry I purchased this car
By merrel

2009 Toyota Venza Wagon 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

27,000 miles, 4 years old, steering column shot and very noisy. Toyota was $1750 to replace this. My next Toyota will be a Honda.