2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie on 04/26/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us on 08/05/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

Stunned in the Toyota Pre Owned Lot
By lindrith on 02/22/11 10:46 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

After 10 years of Hondas, and with leases running out, my wife and I went shopping. Toyota was very willing to help us. While we had our sights on a 2010 Rav, when my wife saw the 2009 Venza, she got excited about its Lexus quality looks, feel in a 4 cylinder crossover. The car has 16000 miles on it but was practically immaculate. We have driven it in town and on I25, and it drives like a dream. Gas mileage has been creeping up to the 26 mpg level. it has a feel of richness for both appointments and handling. And all those cup holders......a PU driver's dream. CON: Only negative is trying to find the cargo cover. The Toyota cover is over $800! Internet still costs $575. HELLP

My 2nd Toyota
By OwnTwoToyotas on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The Venza caught my eye at an airshow and I had to have it. I decided on the 4 cyl model due to cost and economy. I'm not impressed with only 21 mpg and it gets worse when I drive a little harder. I don't like when the trans disengages during engine idle. Quick starts, but the engine needs a moment to wind up when accelerating or passing. The steering is very responsive, but seems to float a little when driving a straight path. The suspension is firm; I can feel the bumps and waves in the road. I did discover small circular scratch marks on the roof shortly after leaving the dealership; it has not been properly fixed.

9-Plus Car
By skahikin on 08/21/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

In 13K miles (12K in Houston commute traffic), the 4-cylinder is more than adequate and a fuel saver (27 MPG) from crawl speed to aggressive speeds (5 - 75 mph) in my 9 month ownership. Adjusting to a slower pedal response, it is quite maneuverable with good pickup. As others state, the seats are too sparse for rides above 2-3 hours. Additionally, the ride is less comfortable with Bridgestone Dueler tires. Fortunately, Toyo came out this Spring with Versado CUVs to save those of us with 19" tires with reviews that state the ride is improved with Toyos. Unfortunately, the dashboard glove compartment area is now producing an irritating rattle due either to inadequate fit or sun warping.

Bad venza
By jim on 08/01/10 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I have steering problems with 09 venza Toyota can not repair and I have been told tough! I was told to keep calling the dealer back monthly and if they eventually get the parts they will address it at that time. Toyota has cheated me just like thousands of others. Do not buy Toyota venza unless you want to get cheated.

New Comfort
By Driver on 07/05/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my '09 Venza 6 weeks ago and have driven it 1550 miles. No trips yet but averaging 24.5 mpg. I have a light foot. My wife is trying to talk me out of it. We both love it. It's dark gray metallic and loaded. I'm a senior with back and neck issues and wanted a vehicle easy to enter and exit. This is it because of its height, and mine. I slip in and out without having to drop down or step up and don't hit my head on the way in. Perfect! The bells and whistles are great as is the leather. Others on my list were Murano, Santa Fe, Edge, GMC Terrain, and used Lexus.

Venza 2,7 L
By ABEMAN on 06/16/10 18:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We have the Venza about 6 months and now has about 6,000 miles. We got a great price at the dealership. Rare Tropical Blue color makes the car look beautiful and luxurious. Very pleased with the roominess of the interior and the back seat. The drive and handling. The car is very dependable with no problems up to the first oil change. Toyota put a lot of thought into the design. Even at a base model there a lot of features which are standard. More than enough for the casual driver. The longer, I sit in the vehicle the more uncomfortable the seat. I think in time I will put Leather Seats in this car. I plan on keeping for a long time.

Nice Wagon
By JeffB on 05/01/10 09:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Bought as certified used, so far a wonderful trouble free vehicle. Lots of space in the 2nd row and rear cargo area that works smoothly and efficiently in our part-time service biz. Nice misc storage including water bottles in the door, and love the flexible multi-compartment console. Four cylinder has more that adequate power. I get 26-28 MPG in mixed driving and 30+ MPG on the Hwy, but I have a light foot. Radio and environmental controls are easy once you get used to them. The backup camera doesn't work too well in bright sunlight, but works great in lower light conditions when it's needed the most. The leather is very nice, and the overall interior design is well thought out.

Throttle Suddenly Maximizes at Times
By dlb on 04/27/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We love everything about our Venza except for one MAJOR problem. Twice now the engine has suddenly surged very SEVERELY and LOUD for about 10 seconds or so. It sounds like it goes from a normal idle to a sudden maxed out, floor-boarded throttle! We had around 3000 mi on it the first time this happened, and then this last time 9200 miles. It's been in park both times its happened, but we're afraid its gonna happen while driving. Toyota checked it over thouroughly and couldn't find anything wrong. The car is perfect outside of this problem. Like I said, we love it, but we sure do regret buying it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$121 per month*