2009 Toyota Venza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venza model:
Absolutely Fabulous Vehicle
By terremarie on 04/26/14 12:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We drove from Akron, OH to Rochester, NY to purchase this car, and we haven't looked back ! 26,000 miles and the ride is very comfortable. It handles like a car, and you've got the SUV space. Gas mileage is 26 in town and 30 on the highway. All the luxury of the Lexus for thousands less. My husband is 6.1 and he's very comfortable in the driver and passenger seats. The 4 cyl engine has plenty of power and the transmission is smooth. We plan to keep this car well over 100k miles. The only problem we have is who gets to drive it!

Love my Venza!!
By lal_clt on 01/02/14 13:41 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 FWD 6-Cyl Venza in May, 2009. I now have 81,000+ miles on it and have only had one minor problem in the last 4.5 years! It is the best car I have ever owned and I love everything about it. I think it's the best kept secret on the market. I recently bought a vacation condo near the beach and was able to transport all of my odds and ends - chairs, headboard, kitchen table, etc in my car at various times because there is so much cargo room. I'll probable replace my car at the end of 2014 and it will be another Venza!

sorry I purchased this car
By merrel on 09/26/13 04:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

27,000 miles, 4 years old, steering column shot and very noisy. Toyota was $1750 to replace this. My next Toyota will be a Honda.

Venza almost a crossover
By jerrylee1 on 06/03/13 11:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for 10k now, and it is pretty comfortable ... it is, as expected, of Toyota quality...AWD functions very well.... but it fails on several styling fronts. MPG is as advertised around 22 mixed.

Toyota once again comes through
By austin35 on 02/27/13 04:14 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I recently bought a Certified used Toyota Venza 2009 with the 20" tires and rims, privacy glass, roof rack, and special bumper. So far this is a fantastic vehicle and fun to drive also gets great gas mileage. We can easily put our 3 month old in the spacious back seat! Furthermore I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and have plenty of room. The ride is sound. The stability control and all wheel drive feels secure on the road. The 4 cylinder is just a bit loud when you step on the gas, however with the six disc CD player, SAT radio, and MP3 player who cares! Overall I think this is great vehicle for a family that dose not want to buy a dreaded Mini Van.

2009 Venza Steering Column Rattle Noise 25000 miles
By fair2us on 08/05/12 17:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Recently I purchased a 2009 Venza (base 4-cly). I am having issues with a knocking feel and steering column rattle noise. Toyota gave me the TSB for a Steering Column Rattle Noise, T-SB-0005-11, and said my Venza is one month out of the Toyota 3yr basic warranty. The dealership will charge $1,333.68 for parts and $243.53 for labor to address this issue. This is the second time that I bought a Toyota with a steering column and warranty issue (the first time was a 2006 Camry, Intermediate Steering Column TSB ST001-06). There will NOT be a third time for Toyota to do this to me. I will go back to driving Hondas.

What Happen to Toyota Quality???
By abrown20 on 07/19/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited when I got my Venza. I do think it is beautiful and I love the bronze color. However, I have never had a Toyota so poorly made. My Venza is a fully loaded 09 and i had high expectations. Within a year all the rubber seals in the doors, hatch and sunroom had fallen out and been replaced. The warranty just ended and now the sun visors have fallen down. How do sun visors just fall apart??? My last Toyota was 11 years old with orginal visors! The clips that hold the belts in the back have broken. The quality of the detail work should be an embarrassment to Toyota but they have taken no responsibility. Road noise is Horrible and it has always pulled to the right. Just Sad!

Super loaded Venza 6cyl AWD is awesome, but the AC sucks
By skyke101 on 04/20/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way it looks, inside and out. I love the functionality of it. I REALLY love the power of the V6 with AWD, lots of get up and go!! The JBL Synthesis Stereo System is awesome! Gas mileage is pretty good, I probably average about 22, mostly city driving. The one issue I have with the Venza is the AC. It is almost as if they forgot to include a "high" option for the speed of the AC fan. It gets cold, but does not blow very good at all. I checked 5 other Venzas at the dealership, all models are exactly the same, WEAK AC! Even the new 2012 models. The salesman said that it was geared to older consumers that do not like AC blowing in their face. WHAT? $38000 for a weak AC?

My grown up Toyota
By doodude on 02/24/12 05:21 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned nothing but Toyotas- a celica, 3 supras, a Tacoma and all have treated me well. I finally decided that I wanted something that was good for longer road trips, could get me to and from ski resorts, haul bikes and sports equipment, and do it reliably. With much consideration of other vehicles, I settled on the Venza and am pleased with the decision after a year and a half of driving it. Comfortable in front or back, easy to load, fantastic in snow, and looks nice. No trips back to the dealer as of yet but I have to say that I'm not pleased with the roughness of the engine. I have the V6 which is not a new design (has been used in the Highlander for years).

Life with a Venza
By bigeandkenna on 02/14/12 08:02 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Venza 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After just turning 29000 miles, i felt it is time to reflect. The Venza has proved to be a capable and reliable car over the last 2 1/2 years in our family. We average 20 mpg in mixed use and 26 on the highway. We have taken several trips from NJ to Fla and it is a great road trip car. It has never been back to the dealer with any problems, although there is an open recall on the "stuck fuel pedal" issue. It is easy to get in and out of and the back seat is roomy. The interior is visually appealing but a closer look reviles mismatched seams. The XM radio has poor reception and is difficult to locate stations on the run. All in all this is a typical Toyota- a point A to B appliance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Venza in VA is:

$110 per month*