2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Buyer Beware
By John

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Hello... Please let me explain.. I am a LOYAL Toyota Fan Boy! Actually 56 years old. This is my 3rd Toyota Tundra. 2006, 2010, and this one I'm rating is 2016 Tundra Crewmax Limited. I love this truck. But I am rating this a "1" star for the following reasons. And please, read this if you are considering purchasing one and this tip to do on the test drive. I purchased my 2016 Crewmax new and at about 1,000 miles the truck started vibrating at approximately 48-50 mph when it was in 6th gear (overdrive). The Tundra is a 6 speed automatic (overdrive). I took it to the dealer I purchased it from and the mechanic diagnosed and verified my problem. This is where the problems begin. He then got on the phone to "Toyota Tech Line" and they had him "move the tires around", which he did. Bottom line. It didn't fix the vibration around 48-50 mph. So I met with the "regional corporate dude" who went for a ride with me and he even verified the issue but said that the "new one" we drove on the lot did it worse so it was classified as "characteristic". What??? Worse than mine?? That my friends is "corporate speak" for "blow off" / "cover up". So, I took it to another Toyota Dealer and had the mechanic go for a ride. He verified and diagnosed that I had a problem. He even took his laptop computer on a ride after speaking to the Toyota Tech Line and they said to hit the button on his laptop computer every time he felt the problem. He came back and told me he "hit the button" over 100 times. Thus.. Houston, we have a problem verified by 2 Toyota mechanics and the "regional dude". I am heading back for one more time to attempt to get it fixed. The problem is actually getting worse. I currently have about 8,000 miles on my truck. As I stated earlier, I am a complete "Toyota Fan Boy", but the sheer and utter disrespect shown not only to me, but the Toyota Certified Mechanics who are working hard and wanting to fix the problem shown by the "corporate regional guy" is unacceptable and something I would expect from GM, Ford, or Chrysler. But Toyota.... No way. I know they try to "care" about their customers, but with the way I have been "jerked around" and humiliated by the "corporate regional guy" has taken its toll. I guess that's why God created "Lemon Law Attorneys". So, PLEASE READ THIS..... IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUYING A TOYOTA TUNDRA, PLEASE, ON YOUR TEST RIDE, GO APPROX. 48-50 MPH AND LET IT BE IN 6TH GEAR AND HOLD IT THERE. If you feel the vibration, RUN. Know that they are not going to fix it and call it "characteristic". If you can live with that, then so be it. But, don't say I didn't try to inform and help you in this matter. In fact, according to the 2 mechanics that worked on the truck, apparently there are more people than me "squeaking" about this problem. It is a problem / issue! Best wishes!

1st Tundra....18 mo.-20000 miles later.
By blackhawk 44

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First of all, the Tundra will get decent gas mileage if driven sanely. Feel's like a much more expensive vehicle than $39k . Mr. Sweers is correct about 5.7 iforce being a "kickass" engine., no need to change. Just love about all of the Tundra.

You get what you paid for!
By ed do

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

If you want comfort, protection (in case of accidents) then you got to pay. I know it is high on the gas end, but you can't get a truck that gives you comfort, protect you and your family members, and can haul stuffs and expect 30MPG. If that is what you are looking for then buy a Prius!

Love it
By Eddie Corn

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It's definitely a gas hog. Everything else is nice.

Vibrator to Tundra
By Shakey

2016 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had a new 2015 Chevy Silverado Crew cab. I put 8,000 irritating miles on it before trading to Tundra. My Chevy had the infamous "Chevy Shake". Truck vibrated bad at speed. After several frustrating trips back to dealer to Change tires twice,multiple road force balancing and pico vibration testing. All attempts to repair failed. My dealer said "it is within GM Spec. On asphalt roads, but failed on concrete roads. So in GM's infinite visdom, they said the truck was typical of this truck? Huh? This is a well known problem and just got too fustrated with the whole GM experience. Traded the vibrator in for a 2016 Tundra Limited. I love it! As has said before, has mileage is poor. But, the motor is very smooth with tons of power. Great proven engine.