Used 2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Never leave home without it!!!!!!
By Ralph Turczynski

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab 1794 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My first 3 trucks were 2 Chevys and a Dodge. In September I traded in my 2008 SR5 for a 2015 1794. The trade in value was more than I expected they gave me $21,000 for my trade in. I didn't think they could have improved that truck from my 08 SR5, but they certainly did. The quite cabin and hydraulic steering is outstanding. And not to mention the interior is quality workmanship. The leather in the 1794 is the same leather they put in a Lexus.. There was an article in the paper about a man that drove his Tundra 1 million miles. And Toyota took the truck to break it down to check for wear. And Toyota gave him a new truck. Did you ever hear of another manufacture to do that. I highly recommend this truck for anybody that's out shopping for a truck. At least take one out for a test drive.

Not at the mechanic shop anymore
By Kyle

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck. I've had fords Chevy and dodges and they all stink compared to this truck. Only negatives to this truck is gas mileage and the seats stain easy if you don't have leather. The gas mileage cost is made up through not having to pay the mechanic for repairs

More options would be nice
By Jay Marean

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, will do anything you ask especially off-road and towing. Toyota needs to offer some more features on higher end models such as a heated steering wheel, adjustable pedals and adaptive cruise. Also I wish Toyota would add some different axle ratios such as a 3.55 or a 3.31 to give the customer the ability to get better gas mileage while sacrificing some towing ability that he/she would never need. Overall great truck and value with Toyota's legendary reliability and dependability as well as resale especially for the price compared to other manufacturers like Ford, for example a fully loaded platinum Tundra is about 52,000 and a fully loaded platinum f-150 is about 63,000 so great value for price. Overall Toyota is a innovative manufacturer that should step up their game a little and more options for the consumer.

gives up out of the box
By greg ice

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

had a 2007 crew max / brand new my best truck EVER {RED}(I LOVE)
2/2015 new 4runner hits me stopped vs 65mph
new tundra 2015
had a sr5 got a sr5
had tow pkg /na
had red / na
back seats folded down (I could stack material into the cab with the window down) / seats fold up and back of rear seat sits 3 inches above window so [non-permissible content removed] rests on the seat or not at all
had a gas gauge (350 miles) / miles to empty 320
24 gls max ever / 20.10 max ever fill ups?
its a 26.7 gal tank
hiding 6 gals?
dual climate cup holders overhead storage all gone
because they want to be like a ford they want the ford shoppers and now I want a ford go figure
oh when it rains that [non-permissible content removed] fake scoop in the hood
makes a puddle??

Toyota Quality? plus Toyota Don't Care!
By William C. Nasburg

2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2011 Tundra Double cab SR5 with TRD package. Wonderful truck. However, when the new style came out for 2014 I purchased in 2/14 a crew max, Limited with TRD package. First off, a 26 gallon tank is not large enough for the amount of fuel the 5.7 engine uses. Secondly, the fuel gauge is not accurate,along with the oil pressure gauge. Now there is NO transmission temp gauge. Bluetooth audio is very poor, even with the JBL system with NAV. and when you have the volume up at a good listening level, the door panels start buzzing. With the 2014 model in the Limited trim, there is no longer a power passenger side front seat. As far as I am concerned, Toyota cheapened the Tundra and the quality they boast about is not on my truck. On August 8,2015 with 10,600 miles on the truck , the windshield cracked at the top and continued to toward the passenger side. I notified the dealer and they refused to do anything about it. I notified Toyota Care and I have heard nothing back in over a month. THIS IS MY LAST TOYOTA!!!!