2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: 2014 a big ride improvement

2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited CrewMax Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

2014 a big ride improvement
By beaverfood on

2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2014 rides much better than the 2010. I had an SR5 DoubleCab, and moved up a notch to the Limited CrewMax. I like the dual temperature controls, which are no longer available on the SR5.

• Acceleration
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

• Fuel economy

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By bigpp2
on 05/06/14 04:54 AM (UTC)

I have owned two Tundra's. My first was a 2011 4.6L V-8 work truck. Even being a base model truck I loved it! I have owned or driven many other trucks and by far was completely satisfied with my Tundra. As with any vehicle I did have some complaints that were not big enough to change my opinion of the truck. First, the front end is huge! Second, the controls made the driver reach a bit and third, the front end is huge! Gas mileage what was expected. O'yeah the wife complained of the bumpy ride. I traded this truck one week ago for a 2014. The reason was due to what I thought was a manifold issue. The dealership did all kind of testing and even called a tech from HQ and was advised that the noise I was hearing was normal. I figured they know what they were talking about so accepted their diagnosis. As I was leaving the lot I noticed a 2014 TRD with all of it's plastic wrap still on it. The next day I stopped by and got an appraisal on my 2011. Paid $25,500 for it in 2011 and received $23,000 3 years later. They also came down $1000 on the 2014. With that that being said and a lifetime warranty I bought the 2014. Yeah a lifetime warranty. Don't think I will be getting rid of this one anytime soon. I only have 125 miles on it, but OMG! The front end seems smaller, but I still feel like the interior is the same (except the controls are easier to reach). I was also able to keep some of the accessories that I installed on the 2011 which fit the 2014. Took the wife for a ride and she immediately noticed that the ride was stiffer and in her opinion a better ride (mine too). Also the power/sound is awesome. The only thing two things I have noticed is that I do not have the same amount of storage as the 2011 and I don't have my drivers side handle on the post. I really liked that handle Toyota! The Tundra in my opinion is the best riding/driving truck on the market. I love how easy it turns and handles. I could drive this truck all day long everyday. Like I said I loved my 2011, but the 2014 is by far one of the best trucks I have driven. If your worried about gas mileage then get a car. Trucks rarely get the mileage that's claimed. I can say that my 2011 got what was posted...14-16/City, 15-18/highway (18 being the best). I don't know why you wouldn't be satisfied with the 2014 Tundra.