2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Love my new 2014 Tundra!

2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed)

Love my new 2014 Tundra!
By ckwwilson on

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a couple of other reviews here and I do not have the problems they do. Ample power out of the 5.7 V8. Mine is easy to keep in the lane on the freeway(1000 freeway miles including winding mountain passes). The standard backup camera is a must have with the 8.1ft bed! The double cab feels bigger than some quad cabs from other brands. Ride is great, confidently stiff like one should expect from a pickup. Installed a TRD rear sway bar and now it has very little body roll, stays smooth through corners. Excellent interior design, very comfortable with a great field of view in every direction. Good use of soft surfaces to break up hard plastic. Entune audio is great once you get a feel for it. For my first 8-10k miles fuel economy was terrible, about 12mpg. I was honestly ready to turn it in as a lemon and that would have devastated me, but thenot one day out of nowhere it significantly improved and I started getting as high as 19.5mpg on the highway. I now have meaty tires on it which killed that so now I get around 16, but not because the truck can't do better. Next tires I get will be less aggressive road tires to bring the number back up. Overall I love the truck. With 40k on it it has lost only $3k in value and performs just like when I bought it new.

• Active safety
  • Bluetooth
  • Purchase cost
  • Resale value
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ckwwilson
on 06/14/14 16:35 PM (PDT)

Just an update on my fuel economy. It took almost 12,000 miles, but I finally hit the 17mpg highway mark. I'm now at just over 16,000 and have gotten stunningly good mileage on a few road trips as high as 19.3mpg highway! She really seems to get a mileage boost when I use LucasOil Upper Cylinder Lubricant as a fuel system cleaner each time the oil is changed.