Nice Truck
By sundance2014 on
2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I owned a 4.7 2007 double cab. It took a while to warm up to the new model. Some things I like about the new model. Some things I don't. The interior is vastly better. So is the radio, controls and vents. Seats are better. Better fabric. Slightly wider and overall more comfortable. I bought the 5.7 this time and I really enjoy it. A previous reviewer complained about getting 11 mpg. I got 15.5. in mostly city driving out of the first tank. I expect it to get e a little better. I drove a 2013 5.7 and there nothing different about the 2014. The 5.7 is different than the 4.6 or 4.7. the 4.7 was much more responsive at lower speeds but the 5.7 has got seemingly endless power above 1500 rpm.
Favorite Features
Interior. Exterior and new wheel choices. Ride is a little better. Steering is a breath of fresh air. Much improved.
Suggested Improvements
High beams seem to not be near as good as the old truck. I could see for it seemed like miles with the high beams. New high beams about 3/4 as good. New floor mats seem to be much thinner. Might not mean anything in durability. Glove box is so much smaller. I mean really small. Does give more leg room on the passenger side.
By ckwwilson
on 06/14/14 16:57 PM (PDT)

When I first purchased mine it had TERRIBLE fuel mileage! I was getting 12 mpg highway at one point and was seriously considering taking it back as a lemon. I drive a lot though, and had a lot of time to make a decision since my state (Idaho) has very consumer friendly lemon laws. I waited it out to see if it improved as it broke in, and even though it took quite a while it gets excellent mileage now! It took almost 12,000 miles before I hit the EPA estimated 17 mpg, but now at over 16,000 miles I've seen as high as 19.3 mpg highway at 65 mph. On average I'm getting a little over 17 mpg on the freeway with our 80 mph speed limits, which is more than acceptable. In the city I haven't seen less than 15 for the last 4,000 miles so I'm quite happy with what I'm getting now compared with how it began. I love this truck!

By 955imarko
on 03/05/14 20:12 PM (PST)

I have a 2011 SR5 TRD 5.7 Dbl cab, and love it. I have recently test driven the new one as my lease is due in a few months. I am not so impressed with the new interior myself, speedo harder to see, glove box non existent, and most of the useful storage gone. No 110v socket is a mistake for anyone in construction / farming. I found the seats better in the pad but bad on my back, lumbar is too low and no shoulder support. This Could be a deal breaker (in which case i will buy out my 2011) I am also concerned re the lights. as I am mostly on gravel roads , current ones are great. Not a fan of the TV screen thing either, but the back up camera is a godsend. At the end of the day i will probably end up with one and get used to it, but I can't get excited about the changes. Bumper steps, 110v front and rear, in bed light, standard winch mount, std heated seats / remote start and more interior storage (like the older one) would have made this the most practical truck on the market for the intended market. My dealer has suggested a 48 hr test drive to see if the seats will work for me. It's that service that makes me stick with Toyota.