Love my new 2014 Tundra!
By ckwwilson on
2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
Saw a couple of other reviews here and I do not have the problems they do. Ample power out of the 5.7 V8. Mine is easy to keep in the lane on the freeway(1000 freeway miles including winding mountain passes). The standard backup camera is a must have with the 8.1ft bed! The double cab feels bigger than some quad cabs from other brands. Ride is great, confidently stiff like one should expect from a pickup. Installed a TRD rear sway bar and now it has very little body roll, stays smooth through corners. Excellent interior design, very comfortable with a great field of view in every direction. Good use of soft surfaces to break up hard plastic. Entune audio is great once you get a feel for it.
Favorite Features
Feels like a solid tough truck when you drive, not some played down attempt to make it feel like a car, I don't feel like I have to baby it off pavement. Interior is excellent, very comfortable, super quiet, spacious, and easy to navigate. SR5 upgrade package is a must at lower trim level. Backup camera standard on all models. Windshield wiper de-icers standard on all models. Mine has a dial on the dash to adjust the head light level up and down several degrees so I can adjust for city or country driving, and the brights shine a country mile. Steering is light but responsive. Very sexy lines on the exterior.
Suggested Improvements
LED accents in headlights should be standard on all models. Fuel mileage is not great so far. 14mpg highway(although at 80mph) and about 12.5 city. Not as good as I had hoped. TRD rear sway bar should be standard on all models. Made a huge improvement for body roll when cornering(cost about $300 and 30 minutes to install myself).
By ckwwilson
on 06/14/14 16:35 PM (PDT)

Just an update on my fuel economy. It took almost 12,000 miles, but I finally hit the 17mpg highway mark. I'm now at just over 16,000 and have gotten stunningly good mileage on a few road trips as high as 19.3mpg highway! She really seems to get a mileage boost when I use LucasOil Upper Cylinder Lubricant as a fuel system cleaner each time the oil is changed.