Just purchased a 2014 Tundra Limited 204
By ashron on
2014 Toyota Tundra SR 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
1. The power steering has absolutely no "On-Center" feel to it. Its easy to meander out of a lane at freeway speeds when taking your eyes off the road to look at the Nav, operate the radio, etc. It gets worse in winding roads since there is no feedback from the steering, making it easy to exceed the truck's limits and lose control. I am not saying it's unsafe. just that one has to pay extra attention! I thought this was one of the major issues Toyota was going to improve on, with the new 2014 Tundra.
Favorite Features
The cabin! Control layout is superb! The car is very comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
The Nav default screen is split into either 2 or 3 sections. (Nav, Radio and Favorite Contacts) You can select all 3 or Nav + one of the other two. But there is no option for setting the default screen to "Nav Only". (The most common setup most people use). 3. Wind and cabin noise. My 2007 SR5 Tundra with 120,00+ miles on it rides quieter than my new 2014 Tundra Limited. At freeway speeds there is a constant hum from the engine, wind noise (and probably some tire noise). Disappointing for a "Limited" version
By ckwwilson
on 12/31/13 19:34 PM (PST)

Mine doesn't have the same power steering issue. Steering is light, but still has good in control feel. I took a 1000 mile road trip through Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming last week and had no issues. Even through the winding mountain passes on the ice it felt really good and under control the whole time. I do drive a lot, taking this 1000 mile trip about 17 times per year, but I just didn't have the same problem.