2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Beats the competition
By txkreddog on 10/20/14 15:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Style and performance, as well as reliability made the Tundra dbl cab 5.7 my choice over Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge. For value vs price, the Tundra wins hands down.

Like the Tundra
By bretn on 09/26/14 04:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I like the Tundra, have a 6"lift on it and it looks nice. The turning radius is not quite what I would like it to be. Like someone else said, the carpet is a little thin, which means it will wear fast, if you don't put some liners in. The back seat is the roomiest I have ever seen (the kids like it better). We have had other Toyota's and have been pleased with the overall satisfaction. The stereo could be a little better, I like my music loud and its not loud enough, though the sound is good. Power booster maybe?

Best truck ever owned
By lscheall on 08/24/14 22:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned trucks made by all of the big three and the only other truck that can come close to a Tundra is a Ford. Dodge and GM trucks are cheaply made crap that is over priced and break down way to often. The power comfort and performace of the Tundra is unmatched. Not to mention that it is the only truck that is actually made in the US while the others are made everywhere but the U.S. My only problem with the interior design is the amount of chrome, I have had two eye surgeries and to me it is overwhelming at times. Other then that small flaw I love this truck, and would and have recommended it to my friends.

Too much missing
By customsmn on 07/24/14 11:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2014 Tundra 1794 edition. The more I drive it the more disappointment in what is missing from Toyota's highest line truck. Since new design for 2014 I expected more than what you get. No push button start as on most toyotas, keyfob not linked to memory seats, no lane change turn signals, no trailer brake controller, you can add aftermarket, just looks like an add on, only two door switches are lit, not even memory switches lit, no power lock on tailgate, no default for in call volume on bluetooth phone and even when on MAX setting not great, no rain sensing wipers, slow GPS nav. LED lights front not back,Good truck but could use some updated equipment.

Very Happy!
By pozzi on 05/26/14 14:05 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Tundra.. First one was an 08.. Looked at the "Big 3" and could not get the deal I got with Toyota... Gas mileage is "Truck" rated but acceptable. Great ride! Tows like a dream... Car like on the highway but aggressive on the dirt roads! Very happy with the product... OK Toyota, can you send me my $20 for the great review?

2014 a big ride improvement
By beaverfood on 04/12/14 12:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2014 rides much better than the 2010. I had an SR5 DoubleCab, and moved up a notch to the Limited CrewMax. I like the dual temperature controls, which are no longer available on the SR5.

It's a real truck folks!
By tlmiller on 03/02/14 11:49 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2012 and loved it. Now I have a 2014 and I like it even better. I like my trucks to ride firm and have power to do it all. This delivers on both counts and is the best looking truck on the road. The interior is huge and functional with everything I need within reach. It'll pass anything but a gas pump, but that's what a real truck can do. I drove them all and the others drove heavy and soft to me. I don't need a car ride. If you're looking for a "TRUCK", this is the one for you.

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4.6L
By bigdave5 on 01/02/14 02:34 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is my third Tundra (2003, 2007, & 2014). It is by far the BEST model Tundra thus far. The upgrades to the new model refresh are long overdue. The new Entune system is a welcome addition. It makes it feel like a 21st century vehicle. This time around, Ford and Chevy were strong contenders (sorry, I will never be a Chrysler/Dodge customer). However, the big difference is long-term reliability AND trade-in value. The overall performance, style, and mechanical prowess for the price is unbeatable.

Love my new 2014 Tundra!
By ckwwilson on 12/31/13 19:19 PM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a couple of other reviews here and I do not have the problems they do. Ample power out of the 5.7 V8. Mine is easy to keep in the lane on the freeway(1000 freeway miles including winding mountain passes). The standard backup camera is a must have with the 8.1ft bed! The double cab feels bigger than some quad cabs from other brands. Ride is great, confidently stiff like one should expect from a pickup. Installed a TRD rear sway bar and now it has very little body roll, stays smooth through corners. Excellent interior design, very comfortable with a great field of view in every direction. Good use of soft surfaces to break up hard plastic. Entune audio is great once you get a feel for it.

Nice Truck
By sundance2014 on 12/04/13 08:42 AM (PST)

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I owned a 4.7 2007 double cab. It took a while to warm up to the new model. Some things I like about the new model. Some things I don't. The interior is vastly better. So is the radio, controls and vents. Seats are better. Better fabric. Slightly wider and overall more comfortable. I bought the 5.7 this time and I really enjoy it. A previous reviewer complained about getting 11 mpg. I got 15.5. in mostly city driving out of the first tank. I expect it to get e a little better. I drove a 2013 5.7 and there nothing different about the 2014. The 5.7 is different than the 4.6 or 4.7. the 4.7 was much more responsive at lower speeds but the 5.7 has got seemingly endless power above 1500 rpm.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$112 per month*