2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Beats the competition
By txkreddog

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Style and performance, as well as reliability made the Tundra dbl cab 5.7 my choice over Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge. For value vs price, the Tundra wins hands down.

Favorite Features

Entune audio system is outstanding, as is the redesigned driver's area. Standard features make the Tundra a great deal.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is about the only down side to this truck. With the horsepower and torque the 5.7 provides, low mpg is to be expected.

Best truck ever owned
By lscheall

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned trucks made by all of the big three and the only other truck that can come close to a Tundra is a Ford. Dodge and GM trucks are cheaply made crap that is over priced and break down way to often. The power comfort and performace of the Tundra is unmatched. Not to mention that it is the only truck that is actually made in the US while the others are made everywhere but the U.S. My only problem with the interior design is the amount of chrome, I have had two eye surgeries and to me it is overwhelming at times. Other then that small flaw I love this truck, and would and have recommended it to my friends.

Favorite Features

Power and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Less chrome on the interior distracting while in bright sun light.

Very Happy!
By pozzi

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Tundra.. First one was an 08.. Looked at the "Big 3" and could not get the deal I got with Toyota... Gas mileage is "Truck" rated but acceptable. Great ride! Tows like a dream... Car like on the highway but aggressive on the dirt roads! Very happy with the product... OK Toyota, can you send me my $20 for the great review?

Favorite Features

Looks, Ride, Fun to drive...

Suggested Improvements

More engine mapping selections would be great!

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4.6L
By bigdave5

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is my third Tundra (2003, 2007, & 2014). It is by far the BEST model Tundra thus far. The upgrades to the new model refresh are long overdue. The new Entune system is a welcome addition. It makes it feel like a 21st century vehicle. This time around, Ford and Chevy were strong contenders (sorry, I will never be a Chrysler/Dodge customer). However, the big difference is long-term reliability AND trade-in value. The overall performance, style, and mechanical prowess for the price is unbeatable.

Favorite Features

New front grille, bed, tailgate, and size. The new entune system is a big plus. The seats and newer fabric/cloth is superior than in past models.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation should be standard on SR5 models and other models with the entune system. Base tires should be of higher quality (w 17' steel rims).

Love my new 2014 Tundra!
By ckwwilson

2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Saw a couple of other reviews here and I do not have the problems they do. Ample power out of the 5.7 V8. Mine is easy to keep in the lane on the freeway(1000 freeway miles including winding mountain passes). The standard backup camera is a must have with the 8.1ft bed! The double cab feels bigger than some quad cabs from other brands. Ride is great, confidently stiff like one should expect from a pickup. Installed a TRD rear sway bar and now it has very little body roll, stays smooth through corners. Excellent interior design, very comfortable with a great field of view in every direction. Good use of soft surfaces to break up hard plastic. Entune audio is great once you get a feel for it.

Favorite Features

Feels like a solid tough truck when you drive, not some played down attempt to make it feel like a car, I don't feel like I have to baby it off pavement. Interior is excellent, very comfortable, super quiet, spacious, and easy to navigate. SR5 upgrade package is a must at lower trim level. Backup camera standard on all models. Windshield wiper de-icers standard on all models. Mine has a dial on the dash to adjust the head light level up and down several degrees so I can adjust for city or country driving, and the brights shine a country mile. Steering is light but responsive. Very sexy lines on the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

LED accents in headlights should be standard on all models. Fuel mileage is not great so far. 14mpg highway(although at 80mph) and about 12.5 city. Not as good as I had hoped. TRD rear sway bar should be standard on all models. Made a huge improvement for body roll when cornering(cost about $300 and 30 minutes to install myself).