2014 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Beats the competition
By txkreddog

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Style and performance, as well as reliability made the Tundra dbl cab 5.7 my choice over Ford, Chevrolet, or Dodge. For value vs price, the Tundra wins hands down.

Entune audio system is outstanding, as is the redesigned driver's area. Standard features make the Tundra a great deal.

Fuel economy is about the only down side to this truck. With the horsepower and torque the 5.7 provides, low mpg is to be expected.

2014 a big ride improvement
By beaverfood

2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2014 rides much better than the 2010. I had an SR5 DoubleCab, and moved up a notch to the Limited CrewMax. I like the dual temperature controls, which are no longer available on the SR5.

Ride, ride and ride. Also like the back-up camera, the moon roof, the rear window (goes down) and the leather. Awesome truck.

Gas mileage improvement would be nice. But, I'll take a Tundra any day to haul my boat around in the summer and plow in the winter.

This is what American (Texas built) quality is all about
By harddriver1965

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Details: 5.7L, CrewMax, TRD Purchased 3/2014 Mileage: 16000 Best way to describe this truck is a 3/4 ton in a 1/2 ton package. It has all the capability of any gas 1/2 ton on the market with the added reliability of Toyota and proud Texans to stand behind it(Built in San Antonio, TX).

Drivetrain: I routinely pull more than the truck is rated for (11K-13K loads). It takes the punishment in stride and begs for more. The engine / rear end combination are perfect. Lots of power, never feel like the truck is struggling to find gears or is overworking.

None. My biggest complaint about the older Tundras is the styling. I like the new boxier styling. The interior design is outstanding. Everything in reach and easy to use.

It's a real truck folks!
By tlmiller

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Had a 2012 and loved it. Now I have a 2014 and I like it even better. I like my trucks to ride firm and have power to do it all. This delivers on both counts and is the best looking truck on the road. The interior is huge and functional with everything I need within reach. It'll pass anything but a gas pump, but that's what a real truck can do. I drove them all and the others drove heavy and soft to me. I don't need a car ride. If you're looking for a "TRUCK", this is the one for you.

Ride and spacious interior.

Gas Mileage

Best Truck Yet
By brett42

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. It pull like crazy, handles my trailer plus a load without any hesitation over Colorado passes to boot. It's the most comfortable truck I have ever owned..had Fords since I could drive..40 years! The 4.3 rear end is the best and while a little better fuel economy would be nice, by far I prefer the power. All my Fords except my 68 with a 390 cid were under powered. This thing loves to tow. The room in the bed is excellent and the way the seats fold up in the back for more room is brilliant. Some reviewers whine about no brake controller..I say get over it. I like the one I got to choose by myself. The install took 10 minutes..big deal!! I love this truck and won't go back.

Towing is great, used hunting..awesome drive in very rough areas. Steering is very stable and has direct feel. Braking is great and ride comfort is the best for long hauls. Instrumentation is very good.

Lighted window and lock buttons. Automatic headlights.paint that stands up to minor scratches better.