2013 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Best Truck on the Market

2013 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Tundra CrewMax Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Best Truck on the Market
By jack12348 on

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought a brand new 2013 Tundra 4X4 Crewmax and I absolutely love it! So much FUN to drive, particularly here in Los Angeles. Given the condition of the streets, you practically need a 4X4 just to get around. The power in the 5.7 V8 is tremendous! The room in the back is awesome. I've always wanted a really kick-ass truck that had some power and that's exactly what this is. I love this truck.

Favorite features are the power, torque, and exterior look. It growls on the road, hugs corners. With the windows closed, I can shut out the city noise. It's so quiet. I love the roomy interior and all the storage compartments available inside. It's crazy. They're nicely obscured in the overall design of the cabin -- it's like the inspector gadget of trucks.

Look, gas ain't cheap, and there's no doubt this baby guzzles. 13 miles in the city? Yowzers. But that's the compromise you make. It's worth it for me. I love it. If they could manufacture a truck affording the same power while decreasing the MPG -- I'd fork over the extra dough. But that's a pipe dream at this point. And other than that, I'd ask that they put a little more creativity into the interior. Polish up that console a little. Don't need more gizmos, just a wee bit more flavor. A little goes a long way. That said, I'd rather have simple that gaudy any day. Especially when it comes to a truck.