Used 2013 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

2013 Rock Warrior - Best truck for me
By fullbug

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After test driving four (COUNT EM FOUR) 2014 Silverados with driveline vibration and one ecoboost F150, I drove a Tundra. What a difference. The interior design isn't the best and the seats aren't really comfortable(cloth interior/standard seats, standard controls), but the rest is pure goodness. Looking out over the hood, I feel like I'm in a sports car. The performance from the 5.7 is beyond compare, IMO. I love the simplicity. Dad always said, "The more bells and whistles you got, the more stuff there is to break." At 55 mph I can get 21 mpg, but above or below that, forget it. All in all, I wouldn't trade it for anything currently on the market.

0-60 - 6.3 Seconds. Rear window comes down, which is great if you have a tonneau cover. Exterior styling.

Weak air flow from ac vents Softer seats

Tundra doesnt drive straight
By thomasntexas

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Its been a nightmare with this 2013 Tundra TSS since the day I bought it. First the toyota dealer gave me a horrible trade in on my old car and way overcharged for the TSS I bought once I did more investigation. I wouldnt suggest this truck, its been in the shop 3 times with front alignment issues and eating tires after just 15K miles. Everytime I take it to the dealership it comes back worse than when I took it in, I was also hit with a surprise, at 30K miles the truck is due for a major service costing between $300-400! I was not told that when I was buying the truck. The gas milage is also oversold, I was suppose to get 19 mpg in the city its more like 12 mpg, total gas hog.

I like how the seats feel due to having a bad back and the large center console, it has a good radio, thats about the only nice things I can say.

The inside is made from cheap plastic that scratches very easily, the alignment issues are horrible. The company shouldnt lie to customers about the gas mileage, this truck stops at every gas station almost. The dealership was very shady dealing with my trade in and oversold the truck, avoid at all cost, go with another brand truck.

Alignment Issues From Day One
By dontbuytoyota

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was so proud when I was able to purchase this truck new, but the feeling didn't last long. After 100 miles of driving, I started to notice excessive wear on the outside edges of the front tires. Then, I started noticing a pull to the right, and hard pull to the right when braking. I went to the dealer with 300 miles on the truck and was told it was an air pressure issue. The pull continued to get worse, so I had the alignment checked, and it was out bad. The front end was aligned, but is not fixed. Now 5 more alignments have been done, and the front tires replaced at 3,500 miles. I contacted Toyota and was told there was nothing they would do because my truck has the TSS package.

I like the bluetooth feature and overall appearance of the truck.

The fuel mileage of the 4.6 L motor is horrible. The best i have gotten is 15.4MPG. The truck now has 4,900 miles on it and that will most likely be the best I get. The paint also chips and scratches very easily.

Best Truck on the Street!
By txiong71

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just recently purchased this truck back in July 2013 and I got to say it's the best vehicle yet! Averaging 17mpgs (still trying to get use to as I use to have a Rav4 and a corolla).

Powerful Engine and responsive Transmission.

Quieter transmission and wider tires (I got the 20 inch rims, but wish they were wider).

Awesome Truck
By john_jt

2013 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Have only had the truck for a few weeks but so far it is awesome. I use to be a Nissan customer but because of their lack of care for loyal customers and my last Nissan was a Titan that was unreliable I have now switched over to Toyota and couldn't be happier.

Good looks, tough, reliable.

None at this time.